Full-time Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
The Job : Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Northeast Nigeria Crisis Response – M&E Coordinator
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator will provide technical leadership and operations support to capture program intervention activities and results, ensure high-quality, timely, valid and verifiable data collection and analysis.
- This individual shall be responsible for creating and managing complex M&E systems, designing complaints mechanisms and improvements to data quality, as well as the utilization of M&E data for the improvement of program operations, quality reporting and new business.
- This includes establishing key components of the M&E system including selecting indicators, setting targets, developing and implementing M&E tools and systems, and reporting on all output and outcome indicators for the program.
- He or she will ensure that all staff are trained on the M&E components.
- This position will report to the Response Coordinator and collaborate across sector teams, while also strategically building capacity of M&E staff.
- Lead planning of needs assessments with sector coordinators and other partners, where necessary. Lead development of baseline surveys as necessary.
- Design benchmarking standards for quality monitoring and accountability measures; and train staff upon roll out
- Support a data quality improvement and information management initiative across the region
- Strengthen data analysis and use across program sectors, creating actionable reports for key stakeholders
- Ensure that all programs are designed and implemented in accordance with international standards and the FHI 360 integrated approach
- Ensure MEL resources are included at the proposal design stage to be integrated in crisis response programs
- Create a beneficiary complaints mechanism and work with sector coordinators to train staff and implement within program activities
- Provide strategic leadership and support across field sites the quality roll out of the MEL framework; with a focus on capacity building and accountability of staff
- Work with M&E staff in each site to ensure that performance information is collected in each sector for proper documentation and reporting of activities
- Monitor and maintains protocols, data collection instruments, data sets and manuals
- Manage, train and mentor M&E team of local staff working in field sites and ensure high quality data collection
- Ensure M&E indicators in database match donor reporting requirements and highlight program successes and impact
- Proactively identify key program and themes areas for evaluation and analysis
- Ensure program feedback loop so external findings results in improve quality of project management and implementation
- In coordination with Response Coordinator, develop project implementation plans with strong monitoring and reporting components
- Strengthen the capacity of the M&E team by identifying training opportunities and increasing the team’s knowledge of M&E protocols and practice
- Provide written contributions to weekly, quarterly and annual reports as needed
- Assist with proposal and grant modification development and design as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required – Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- 5-7 years’ experience in M&E activities for initiatives in humanitarian contexts
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in developing M&E systems and overseeing the collection and analysis of metrics and complaints mechanisms
- Demonstrated experience in training on M&E systems and data collection.
- Demonstrated experience remote managing and training staff.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
- Experience with OFDA program and monitoring requirements.
- Excellent written and spoken English and analytical skills
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance
How To Apply