Full-time Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, Conflict and Stabilisation Programme at Stakeholder Democracy Network
Stakeholder Democracy Network is an International non-governmental organization that helps facilitate community development from a rights-based perspective. SDN operates in the Niger Delta where it is trying to help the communities affected by oil exploitation and the challenges of resource curse. SDN has five pillar issues that represent significant long held grievances and acute problems that we are trying to resolve. These are: Access to Energy, Democratisation, Environment, Resilient Communities, and Resource Governance.
The Job : Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, Conflict and Stabilisation Programme
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- To design and implement high quality project-level monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) frameworks, to ensure that SDN’s Niger Delta Stabilisation Programme is assessed and implemented based on robust evidence of what has been achieved, and a sound understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of our programmatic approaches.
This role has three key objectives:
- To support the development of high quality MEL frameworks and tools for the collection and collation of relevant MEL data
- To coordinate and deliver MEL data collection activities
- To collate and analyse MEL data, and support project teams to document progress in the delivery of project outcomes and outputs, to assess the quality of project implementation, and to inform improvements to the delivery of projects
- The M&E officer will report directly to the Niger Delta Stability Programme Team Lead and the programme management team.
Objective one – To support the development of high quality MEL frameworks and tools for the collection and collation of relevant MEL data:
- Working with project teams, lead the development of MEL frameworks and plans for the collection, collation and analysis of relevant data to measure progress in project delivery and the quality of project delivery, including the development and selection of relevant M&E indicators
- Develop tools and systems to collect MEL data, including ensuring data will be disaggregated at the appropriate level (e.g. sex disaggregated data), and train project delivery teams in the use of these
- Ensure MEL frameworks and plans are designed to inform SDN’s understanding of project progress (i.e. against outcomes and outputs) and the quality of project implementation
- Ensure MEL frameworks and plans align with donor reporting requirements (e.g. log frame indicators)
- Ensure MEL frameworks and plans are participatory and inclusive, for example, by ensuring beneficiary perspectives and involvement are sought wherever relevant and possible, and that these processes are inclusive (e.g. ensuring equal representation of women and men)
Objective two – To coordinate and deliver MEL data collection activities:
- Coordinate and manage all MEL tasks and deliverables for the Niger Delta Stability Programme
- Oversee data collection processes and data quality, including the direct implementation of data collection and oversight and support to project delivery teams to do this directly themselves
- Ensure the on time execution of monitoring and evaluation events including, but not limited to, baseline surveys, ongoing monitoring and evaluations, final evaluations, and data quality audit and field supervision
- Coordinates field level community participatory monitoring and evaluation
- Provides consistent, supportive supervision to strengthen project staff performance as necessary to meet monitoring objectives
- Maintain MEL frameworks and plans on a regular basis and provide timely feedback to programme staff on status and quality of implementation
Objective three – To collate and analyse MEL data, and support project teams to document progress in the delivery of project outcomes and outputs, to assess the quality of project implementation, and to inform improvements to the delivery of projects:
- Establish systems for collating, analysing, and reporting performance data on project outcomes and outputs and the quality of project implementation
- Verify data for completeness, correctness, and consistency and follow up on any data quality issues
- Document findings from data quality audits and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access
- Facilitate the use of data to drive program design and decision making in support of an adaptive management approach to the implementation of the Programme
- Facilitates learning and compiles lessons learned from the M&E findings with project teams, sub-grantees and other relevant stakeholders.
- Assist with monthly and/or quarterly performance indicator analysis, including generation of reports as well as presentations for staff related to on-going performance
- Provide M&E inputs for reports written during project implementation
- Ensure all required reports and documentation are synthesized in accordance with the project’s internal management systems and donor reporting requirements.
Assessment of candidates will be based on proven experience and capacity with evidence of the following or equivalent experience as follows:
- Postgraduate degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, or relevant field, with a strong foundation in research methods, statistics, measurement, and evaluation.
- Minimum of 5 years of M&E work experience in multi-year development programmes required; ideal candidate will have both theoretical and practical background in M&E and skilled in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies and techniques.
- Preference is for candidates that have familiarity and experience conducting impact and outcome level monitoring and evaluation in conflict and stabilization multi-year programmes
- Knowledge and skills in programme development, implementation, evaluation, and reporting.
- Experience supervising M&E teams and building team capacity to deliver high-quality results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and other MS Office software; data analysis software (such as SPSS or Stata);
- Ability to analyse data and utilise lessons learned for the continuous improvement of programme implementation and to promote a culture of learning.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with experience and education.
How To Apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.