Full-time MTN Nigeria: Accountant, Budgets Recruitment
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
The Job : Accountant, Budgets
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- To organize the financial budget, monitor financial operations and reconcile financial accounts managed by the assigned division
- Also provide relevant financial analysis and reports as required to support management decisions
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy and conformance with MTNN procedures and regulations.
- Ensure timely headcount budget, reconciliation and periodic reallocation in line with business needs.
- Maintain accurate record of all OPEX /CAPEX transactions on the ERP system.
- Participate in annual budget preparation and budget re-forecasting /reviews, providing relevant data and information to support the process
- Manage the accrual process and prepare detailed reports about discrepancies and amendments that occur in the budget during the financial year and other performance reports on a timely basis for relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate the maintenance of effective financial controls in the division and maintain financial PPPs for the division, ensuring compliance with GAAP requirements and MTN accounting policies.
- Analyse records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments and obligations incurred in CR operations.
- Compile statistical and financial data to support budget preparation and ensure input data is provided for Dynamic Budget, Forecast on Headcount and Travel preparation.
- Maintain/Coordinate internal financial controls/ financial accruals in division and ensure accuracy.
- Review budget and expenditure reports for the department and prepare budget variance report.
- Facilitate the management of vendor relationships.
- Supervise in the distribution of budget and related material, responding to enquiries regarding budget procedures and information from stakeholders.
- Ensure value is created when responding to enquiries regarding budget procedures and information from customers
- Investigate and resolve OPEX issues and respond to queries regarding budget to stakeholder.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Drive Knowledge Management and Best Practice Sharing within own Unit/Department/Division/Enterprise-wide as required.
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
- Normal MTNN working conditions
Experience & Training
- First degree in any relevant discipline
- Fluent in English
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA).
- 3 – 7 years of experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience within a leading organisation’s financial department
- Experience in working with enterprise financial systems
- Experience in telecommunications industry (desirable)
- B.Sc or HND
How To Apply