Full-time MTN Nigeria: Chief Technical Officer Recruitment
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
The Job : Chief Technical Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- To optimise network and technology assets through continuous improvement in network design and cost-effective new technologies to support strategic business growth in MTNN in the short, medium and long term.
- Drive increase in Shareholder return by ensuring that Network Processes are aligned to achieve all elements on the business score card. (E.g. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Champion/Sponsor review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, business optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Champion Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Propose budget to provide effective Network services and control and monitor division’s expenditure, in accordance with approved budget and associated rules and procedures.
- Take the lead and drive the Cultural Operating System and Vital Behaviours required to improve business performance.
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Oversee the research outcomes on customer feedback and make recommendations to Management to improve MTNN’s value offerings and network designs.
- Improve MTNN’s Net Promoters Score
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on excellent Customer experience (BRIGHT STRATEGY)
- Deliver business value through partnership with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners
- Develop/reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to transform the MTNN’s revenue.
- Deliberate ecosystem management to achieve business objectives (value creation), brand value & corporate positioning
- Oversee the development of frameworks, policies and procedures to guide the company’s technical operations and to enable the division to provide high quality services to customers and attain set goals and objectives of MTNN.
- Review risk for communication systems and network infrastructure, develop Risk Management Strategy and ensure the deployment of risk mitigating action plans and business continuity of MTNN operations.
- Monitor, analyse and stay abreast of the offerings and technologies of competitors to ensure that MTNN maintains a competitive edge and operational excellence.
- Maintain and develop industry knowledge including awareness of emerging companies, products and industry leaders.
- Oversee the development of various Terms of References and Service Level Agreements between MTNN and telecoms service providers and consultants in line with approved GSM telecommunication framework.
- Oversee and manage the rollout of MTNN GSM network.
- Develop a technical service structure capable of sustaining longer term operational requirements including operational availability and quality demands.
- Continuously review and confirm metrics and measures deployed in the division to support management decision-making.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of staff within the division, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Coach and mentor the Network team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the division, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- Local and overseas travels
Requirements, Experience & Training
- First degree or equivalent in engineering
- MBA or Masters in a relevant field is required
- Fluent in English coupled with French or Arabic will be an advantage.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience including:
- 5 years leadership experience in engineering Telecoms Operations
- At least 3 years’ experience in relevant sector/ industry
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets
- Experience working across diverse cultures and geographies
- Proven track record in a start-up, shut-down and/or business improvement project.
- Strategic Partnerships
- B.Sc, B.Tech, HND or B.Eng.
How To Apply