Full-time National Professional Officer (Management and Administration) at World Health Organization (WHO)
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
The Job : National Professional Officer (Management and Administration)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job ID: 1806494
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration: 12 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
- The Mission of the WHO Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to help countries, and to coordinate international action, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and emergencies.
- Reporting to the WHE lead, and under the overall guidance of the Country Office Operations Officer, the incumbent will carry out administrative activities within the emergency programme, ensuring the overall compliance with the financial and administrative rules and emergency Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- The incumbent will liaise with the Administration and Management Cluster/Nigeria to ensure coordination and implementation of administrative services in the WHE cluster.
Description of Duties
- Working under the overall guidance of the Country Office Operations Officer and the direct supervision of the WHE Team Lead, the incumbent will be required to provide administrative support to match the Cluster needs and effectiveness of its operations. Specifically, the position holder will:
- In collaboration with the Management and Administration Cluster, support the formulation of general and specific budgetary estimate for the emergency preparedness, response and recovery activities.
- Liaise with the Budget and Finance Unit to ensure the management of funding allocations and awards; track and report on financing against budget; support, monitor and report on financial implementation in compliance with WHO rules, emergency SOPs and delegations of authority.
- Provide administrative support in the implementation of emergency operations through regular follow ups on the execution of all planned activities, ensure payments are made to support emergency programme plans and in compliance with rules and procedures.
- Work closely with the HR unit for provision of human resources services, including forecasting future needs, facilitating rapid deployment of surge staff and international responders, sourcing, recruitment, medical clearance, travel to the relevant duty stations, entry formalities, briefing and training, on-site administrative support, de-briefing and performance evaluations.
- Provide the Procurement Unit with requests of all necessary supplies required for support of the WHE Cluster, track inventory, and work with the Logistics Unit to provide supplies and equipment to the local response team. Participate in local contract review committees and ensure best value for money in procurement practices as per the delegated authority.
- Assist the Management and Administration Cluster in consolidating the replies to audit reports and comments, review and follow-up on any outstanding audit recommendations related to the different areas of management and administration.
- Participate in the Management and Administration and WHE Clusters monthly coordination meetings;
- Perform any other incident-specific related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
- Fostering integration and team work (core)
- Producing results (core)
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Essential: First university degree, in Public or Business Administration, Public Health, Finance or Accounting, Human Resources Management or other Social Studies from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Desirable: Advanced university degree in Public Health, Business or Public Administration.
- At least one year of relevant experience at the national or international level in management and administration, including supervision of staff.
- Experience in supporting emergency or disease outbreak operations.
- Prior humanitarian working experience with WHO, other UN agency, recognized humanitarian Organizations or with an international nongovernmental organization
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good general knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems
- Working experience on ERP systems
How To Apply