Full-time Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’): Complaint and Reporting Mechanism Officer (CRM) Recruitment
Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
The Job : Complaint and Reporting Mechanism Officer (CRM)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Department / Sector:
Number of positions:
Senior MEAL Officer
JOB PURPOSE. The purpose of the CRM officer, in general, is to receive feedback and complaints coming from the communities and LGAs where NCA and other partners are working regarding the services the organization is rendering. The position CRM officer will closely work with the program team specially in liaising between the community and the organization in terms of information flow from one to the other and vise-versa. She/he will collect feedbacks coming from the community through the Suggestion boxes system, pass onto the respective sector team following the organization feedback mechanism information flow system or depending the category level of the feedback, respond to the person who reported the complaint.
- Collect feedback from communities and report to the concerned body
- Answer the record the complaints/feedback applying the template/s prepared for the purpose
- Regularly update herself/himself with NCA projects to understand the areas of thematic and geographic areas of operation
- Understand well and brief staff and others on NCA Nigeria Community Complain Mechanisms
- Regularly update herself/himself with the new policies and procedures of ACT Alliance particularly in relation to accountability
- Respond to those like information requests or answer questions if it is within her/his mandate specified in the NCA Nigeria Community Complain Mechanism document;
- Summarize the information and report to the concerned body as stated in the Community Complain Mechanism document;
- Whenever needed and got approval from her/his supervisor, share relevant information that can be used in the new projects designs;
- Whenever needed, clarify the questions reported to the Complain/Feedback Analysis Committee
- Make preliminary analysis and share the summary to the respective sector concerned staff (following the Community Complain Mechanism)
- Participate in lesson sharing meetings/bazars/workshops and
- Systematically and securely document the reports
B. Maintain the Complain services
- Make sure the weekly/monthly supervision of Partners Complain mechanism and other NCA location is on time so that the system is always up and running
- Report any technical problems to her/his supervisor on time and follow up its maintenance
- Design a strategy and regularly check whether all the target communities have access to the Complaint services
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- University Degree in Communication, Psychology, Sociology, or equivalent is a requirement.
- Previous social work experience or experience working with women and girls affected by conflict required.
- Good training and facilitation skills necessary
- Fluency in English, Hausa, Kanuri a must plus any other languages in Northeast /Borno an advantage
- Knowledge of Word and Excel programs preferred
- Willing to stay and work remote locations, field.
- Flexible and can adapt to prevailing environment.
- Computer literate especially micro soft work, excel database and power point. Knowledge of other software an advantage.
How To Apply
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Please include two referees in your applications, of which one must be a recent supervisor from your former organisation/institution.
THIS IS WOMEN ONLY POSITIONS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATE IS REQUIRED TO START AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and positions may be filled before closing date.