Full-time Norwegian Refugee Council: Grants Officer Recruitment
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Job : Grants Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Webcruiter ID: 4139096254
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Start date: 04/11/2019
The Grants Officer reports to the Grants Coordinator.
- NRC is looking for a Grants Officer for our Country office in Maiduguri, Borno state – Nigeria.
- The purpose of the Grants Officer is to provide support to the Grants Coordinator in grant management, proposal and report writing, and the development of other documents as required, in line with the NRC Country Office programme and assist in the day to day management of the Grants portfolio.NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and recently Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- Populates and maintains grants management tools;
- Supports Grants team in preparation and submission of all grants relevant documentation ensuring documents are timely signed, scanned, filed and delivered to counterparts
- Supports the organization, planning and facilitation of mandatory and best-practice Project Cycle Management activities, such as proposal development planning meetings and grants opening, review & closure meetings;
- Ensure the documentation of grants-related meetings and workshops is gathered and available;
- Ensures that donor logbook, proposal and reporting formats and guidelines, compliance related information are available and collects all necessary documents relevant for the submission of proposals and reports
- Produce programmatic factsheets for external usage.
- Maintain an accessible and well-organized filing system for storing all grant-specific files for all of NRC’s past and active grants.
- Ensure minute meetings are taken and circulated within the team
- Support in the development and implementation of grants-related training, including proposal and report writing
- Experience in working as a Grants or Support Function Officer in a humanitarian or development organisation.
- Experience in working with humanitarian and development donors.
- Preferable experience in proposal and report writing.
- Previous experience in working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication, coordination, organisational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to mediate in high-stress scenarios with competing priorities.
- Advanced computer competency
- College / University, Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Planning and delivering results
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision
- Culturally sensitive and coping with a changing environment.
How To Apply