Full-time Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC): Shelter Technical Assistant Recruitment
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and recently Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The Job : Shelter Technical Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Shelter Technical Assisatnt – Monguno Nigerian National Only
Shelter Technical Assistant (Nigerian Nationals Only) – Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC is looking for a Shelter Technical Assistant for our Field Office in Monguno, Brono State – Nigeria. The purpose of the Shelter Technical Assistant is to Implement NRC Shelter programme in line with NRC’s Shelter strategy.
The Shelter Technical Assistant reports to the Shelter Officer.
Kindly indicate position and location applied for as title of your Cover Letter. eg: “Shelter Technical Assistant – Monguno”.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Support in the implementation of shelter construction
- Distribution of beneficiary handover certificate and other shelter related documents to beneficiaries
- Pre-evaluation of habitability training needs of the community and support with modules for appropriate training materials (training modules and ToR)
- support the community base support workers in the implementation of shelter activities and provide report to the shelter officer.
- Conduct community sensitization, awareness and mobilization to encourage beneficiary commitment to shelter activities
- Assist in encouraging the participation of female community based workers in the construction / rehabilitation of community infrastructures and other shelter activities.
- Assist in the formation of beneficiary selection committee and village committee
- Assist in Routine monitoring of project activities and report feedback from the community and stakeholders to shelter officer
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with local authorities, communities and stakeholders in NRC area of intervention
- Performs any other duties as requested by the shelter Program Development Manager or Shelter Officer
- At least 1 year experience in similar positions
- University degree in social science or its equivalent
- Knowledge of the context in North Eastern Nigeria
- Knowledge of the local language Kanuri, Hausa
- Experience on implementation of emergency shelter activities
- Experience in household sensitization and training in shelter and infrastructure maintenance
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Knowledge of the context in North East Nigeria
- Knowledge in Community Mobilization or related field.
- Knowledge of the Local languages is an advantage.
- Social science
- Education title: Bachelors’ degree or equivalent
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: June 2018
- Duration: 2 ½ Months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions (Grade Level 4 Step 1)
- Duty stations: Munguno, Brono State – North East Nigeria with 30% frequent travels. Travel outside duty stations is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
How To Apply