Full-time Nutrition Consultant at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
The Job : Nutrition Consultant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- FHI 360 is seeking a Nutrition Consultant to support its nutrition program in Nigeria’s Borno State to strengthen its nutrition programming and training of staff
- The consultant will be expected to support in training national staff on IYCF promotion and messaging
- Finally, the consultant will help onboard and train a national staff member to be hired by the program to oversee nutrition activities. It is expected that this consultancy will last between 8-12 weeks and based entirely in northeast Nigeria.
The following deliverables will be expected as the culmination of the consultancy:
- Conduct trainings on IYCF and Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition.
- Work with national nutrition coordinator and other nutrition staff to ensure they have a thorough understanding of material and plans for project implementation.
- Trip Report. Trip report should include: summery of overall nutrition situation; outline of current country team nutrition capacity and any staffing and/or training recommendations; recommendations for improved interventions and/or activities; any concerns with current operations.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Oversees the implementation of nutrition program and ensuring that the quality standards are met;
- Ensures effective start up, management, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of nutrition projects;
- Provide support and guidance to the project team and implementing partners; assess training needs, plan & provides training/guidance for staff in setting up new OTP and SC sites and IYCF activities;
- Facilitate trainings for health and nutrition professionals in Community based Management, Acute Malnutrition, and IYCF;
- Participate in and/or lead health, nutrition, and/or multi-sectoral assessments as required;
- Leads the development of work plans, budgets, and other required program documents for the nutrition projects;
- Closely work with the finance and program team to ensure that program budgets are realistic, that they are efficiently used, comply with donor requirements, and that reports are submitted in a timely manner;
- Conducts regular field visits and review meetings with government officials to monitor the implementation of the nutrition programs.
- Post-graduate Degree in Public Health/Nutrition preferred or Bachelor in Health related field
- 5-8 years humanitarian experience in a similar role within a nutrition program, including significant experience in managing integrated projects
- Demonstrated ability for leadership and independent decision making
- Knowledge of latest health related technical guidelines and standards in emergency nutrition and health
- Experience in community based management of acute malnutrition
- Experience in budget management
- Willingness and ability to work in hardship environment
- Cultural and gender sensitivity
- Experience in quality assurance in a clinical setting desirable.
- Minimum 1 year in a position of requiring managing a team of expatriates is desirable.
- Fluent in English
- Second language skills are desirable
Disclaimers and FHI 360 Protection Clauses
- FHI 360 will not compensate offerors for preparation of their response to this solicitation.
- Issuing this solicitation is not a guarantee that FHI 360 will award a consulting agreement.
- FHI 360 reserves the right to issue a consulting agreement based on the initial evaluation of offers without discussion.
- FHI 360 may choose to award subcontracts to more than one offeror for specific parts of the activities in the solicitation.
- FHI 360 may request from shortâ€�listed offerors a second or third round of either oral presentation or written response to a more specific and detailed scope of work that is based on a general scope of work in the original solicitation.
- FHI 360 has the right to rescind a solicitation, or rescind an award prior to the signing of a contract due to any unforeseen changes in the direction of FHI 360’s client, be it funding or programmatic.
- FHI 360 reserves the right to waive any deviations by offerors from the requirements of this solicitation that in FHI 360’s opinion are considered not to be material defects requiring rejection or disqualification; or where such a waiver will promote increased competition.
- Data produced under this solicitation belongs to FHI 360. Any distribution of data must first have written authorization from FHI 360 or its designated representative.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit their Documentations, providing the following items below to: [email protected]
Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
2-3 professional references we may contact who can speak to experience of similar projects
Proof of international health and SOS insurance
Note: Only electronic submissions and no phone calls, please.