Oasis Africa Consulting Limited: Clearing & Logistics Manager Recruitment
Oasis Africa Consulting Limited – Our client, a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in Power Generation, Electrical Infrastructures, Industrial Equipment, Elevators & Escalators, Home appliances and HVAC is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Clearing & Logistics Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Responsible for Company’s imports, Raw material, Machinery, Spare Parts, and capital equipment and work within a diversity of regulations and requirements set down by government, financial institutions and private enterprises.
- Responsible for all import function of the company from pre shipment, shipping and clearing from the ports
- Ensure submission of customs documents required to facilitate clearing of imported cargo when the required documents are not available, incumbent is to initiate corrective actions
- Ensure opening of form m / lc application to import, timely order execution & documentation like pre & post shipment documents.
- Manage customs documentation for clearing and forwarding.
- Liaising with the shipping company on all issues with consignment
- Administering import procedures and documentations and effectively liaison with Nigerian customs logistics
- Managing demurrages, port charges within specified norms.
- Managing seamless movement of the consignments to the destination.
- Liaising with port authorities & customs officials, monitoring compliance to regulatory requirements (NAFDAC, SON, Customs, NXP, Banks, Inspection agents etc.) and ensuring proper maintenance of requisite papers & documents.
- Coordinating with port authorities for various requirements connected the vessels handling at the ports.
- Renewal of relevant licenses for all company imported listed items, should be conversant to the procedures
- Regular reporting and updates to key stakeholders across the business on all imported orders/ shipments
- To ensure compliance with all procurement policy, customs, importation and financial regulation regarding importation of goods
- Provide the business with market insights on new government and regulatory policy as it affects importation.
- Any other assignment that may be given from time to time by superior officers
- Drive continuous improvement culture and high level of employee engagement at all levels in department.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development of people to provide a strong bench for backfills. Education Requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- HND/B.Sc. in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or a related field.
- MBA with relevant professional certification will be an added advantage Technical Requirements Knowledge Requirements
- Must have operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
- Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for imports.
- Must have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, banks, shipping companies and terminals.
- Must have the ability to handle customs and shipping companies for imports
- Must have knowledge of the customs and excise HS code and explanatory notes.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Skills Required
- Relevant functional skills & expertise
- Leadership skills
- Self- driven
- Need to release energy
- Performance focus & strong sense of urgency
- Need to work across boundary
- Develop capability
- Learning agility Other Requirements Work Experience
- Minimum of 8 years of cognate experience in a clearing & forwarding company in Nigeria
Salary and Benefits
Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards
Application Closing Date
How To Apply