Full-time Octoplus Marketing: Accountant Recruitment
Octoplus is a Marketing CONSULT, SUPPORT, STRATEGY Development and Business SOLUTION Company
We are interactive Consultants focused on, Creatively engaging consumer/customer/end-users with memorable experience that impact on brands in our care.
The Job : Accountant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
We are looking for an experienced Accountant that will provide professional support to the Financial Controller (FC) across all responsibilities of the FC and as may be required.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Accountant will provide professional support to the Financial Controller in designing and managing the implementation of the entire financial strategy and framework for the company in Nigeria and West Africa. This would include provision of support in the management of investments, risk minimization plans, Profit & Loss, Cash Flow management, income and expenses reports, developing and implementing systems for collecting, analysing, verifying and reporting financial information across West Africa.
The Accountant will support the FC in overseeing and managing company accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems in line with the company’s Finance policy, IFRS and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), etc.
The Accountant’s responsibilities will also include provision of support to the FC in the management of investments, Profit & Loss, Cash Flow management, income and expenses reports, monitoring budget performance on all projects and financial guidance to all units/departments.
General Accounting Functions will include:
- Review existing accounting practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements
- Examining bank statements and reconciling them with general ledger entries
- Examining expenses submitted by employees
- Keeping an eye on incoming payments from accounts receivable and outgoing payments from accounts payable
- Creating company financial reports with the above information included
- Analysing data collected in order to determine the state of the company’s financial health
- Analysing data to understand where the company is generating and losing revenue
- Examining the proficiency of the software programs used to organise data
- Generating financial reports that display the company’s profits, equity and cash flow
- Ensures proper and effective accounting procedure by researching and interpreting accounting policy regulations
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies.
- Improve systems, procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- The ideal candidate will prepare assets, liabilities and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other financial reports.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Analyze budgets and other financial information
- Monitor budget performance across the organization
- Design and implementation of ‘cost savings’ strategies
- Ensuring Compliance with statutory requirements (taxation, statutory remittances etc) and effective Stakeholders Management
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years relevant working experience (some of which must have been spent in a Marketing Communications Agency)
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline from any recognized institution
- Should be ACCA or ICAN certified (Or at the verge of being certified)
The ideal candidate needs;
- Strong communication and people management skills
- An in depth understanding of tax regulations and compliance
- Proficiency in budgeting and budgetary controls
- Strong analytical, technical, numeracy and financial skills to aid in executing tasks with minimal supervision.
- In depth understanding of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standard) , GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles)etc.
- Hands on experience in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Hands on experience in the implementation of ERP systems/ accounting software e.g. SAP, Oracle, etc.
- The ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must have a strong personality and be firm
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent team working skill
How To Apply
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THEIR CV TO [email protected] using “Human Resource and Administrative Manager (West Africa) as the subject.