Full-time Ongoing Recruitment at TOTAL Nigeria
Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. “We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!”.
The Job : Senior Production Operator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Offer ID: 16706BR
Location: Port Harcourt – Trans Amadi
Interview Location: Lagos and Port Harcourt
Métier: Upstream Operations
Workplace location (Precisions/Keywords): TEP Nigeria production sites
Employment type: Regular position
Branch: Exploration and Production
Activities linked to Work Permit site validation / opening:
- Take part in the Toolbox Talks and ensure hazard compensatory measures are in place,
- Perform regular checks, audits of the working locations.
Activities linked to Work Preparation:
- Prepare and perform isolation, flushing, inerting of equipment as requested,
- Ensure safe equipment handover to third parties.
Activities linked to Daily Routine:
- Carry out the daily routine activities (visual checks, leak checks, set up / reset up, change over, …)
- Participate in the periodic inspections and tests on Safety Equipment (Fire Water Pump, Deluge System, Emergency valves, …) and fill out the relevant log sheets,
- Carry out first level maintenance (e.g. valve greasing, pump tests, instrument checks, purging, draining, filter changeover / replacement, easy fix, …)
- Record local functional parameters (e.g. meter, levels, recorders)
- Ensure proper handover between line management, colleagues, shift and one’s back to back
- Report any abnormal observation / variation in timely manner, including vibrations, leaks, blockages, plant integrity infringement, …
- Perform samplings for laboratory analysis,
- Perform pigging operations, well testing, equipment changeover, …, as required,
- Startup / shutdown the plant and / or equipment and / or facilities as required,
- Perform the first level of diagnostics / trouble shootings and contribute to further in depth analyses,
- Maximize asset throughputs under CCR and / or Line Management instructions,
- Contribute to Cause Tree Analysis, Risk Assessments, Permit to Work preparation, Operating Procedures, …, as required,
- Contribute to SIMOPS, Commissioning and Start-up activities as required,
- Carry out any other duties as necessary within one’s capabilities.
Context and Environment
- Selected candidates with limited relevant experience will be placed on training contracts until successful completion of training programme.
- National Diploma (ND) qualification obtained must not be earlier than 2013
- 0-5 years experience in Oil Field Operations
- Operator Certificate (French BOA, Ogere Certificate or OPITO equivalent) or Opercap assessment above 100 could be an added advantage
- Fluent in English
- Team player, stable, thoughtful, responsible, good communication skill, intransigent in HSE with a clear potential to learn,
- Medically fit on Site.
- Candidates with higher qualifications need not apply.
- Successful applicants with limited relevant experience will initially be placed on a training contract and considered for employment in TEPNG upon successful completion of the training programme, while successful applicants with 3-5 years relevant experience will begin a career immediately with on-the-job training programme.
- All application forms must be completed online. No paper applications will be accepted.
- We will enter into correspondence only with shortlisted applicants. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application as multiple applications may result disqualification.
- Please note that TEPNG will not take responsibility for any careers/job/training vacancies placed outside the Total careers website.
- Total is an equal opportunity employer.
Your CV must include the following details in the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email Only
- State of origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study.
How To Apply