Contract OPEC: Oil Price Analyst Recruitment
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
The Job : Oil Price Analyst
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Consolidates analytical findings and prepares, coordinates and contributes to reports for submission to the Governing
- Bodies (primarily Economic Commission Board) and for issuance in the Daily, Weekly and Monthly Reports as well as for presentations in various forums.
- Carries out the Market Assessment for submission to the Governing Bodies (Board of Governors, Economic Commission Board, etc.).
- Analyses the price performance of different grades of crudes in the international oil market and identifies significant changes in price differentials.
- Studies and analyses crude oil pricing policies of oil exporting countries.
- Studies and analyses price developments in future markets, identifies prices levels and differentials in relation to spot markets.
- Follows up on the performance of the OPEC Reference Basket in relation to major benchmarks.
- Carries out further in-depth analyses and applies quantitative methods on oil market price movements.
- Analyses key factors which have an impact on oil prices, primarily in major consuming countries.
- University degree in Economics, Petroleum Economics, Marketing, Engineering or related fields.
- 8 years in the oil industry sector
- 6 years in case of advanced degree
- Physical and future markets
- Supply/demand fundamentals
- Economics in the petroleum industry
- Trading tools
- Oil market and its fundamentals, in particular combination of all key factors influencing the oil market/prices
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative and integrity
- Language: English
How To Apply