Full-time Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC): Modelling and Forecasting Analyst Recruitment
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
The Job : Modelling and Forecasting Analyst
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Code: 4.1.01
Location: Not Specified.
The prime objectives of the Petroleum Studies Department are:
- To provide pertinent and reliable information and analyses in support of decision-making and policy-making in Member Countries.
- To carry out, on a continuous basis, research programmes and studies on short-term petroleum market developments with the aim of issuing reports on a regular (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly and bi-monthly) as well as ad hoc basis highlighting important issues for their use and consideration.
- To conduct regular forecasts, elaborate and analyze oil market scenarios and prepare and publish reports on these findings.
- To promote OPEC views and technical analysis on short-term oil market developments to the industry at large and general public via the OPEC Monthly Oil Market Report (especially the feature article) as well as other reports, presentations and related pod casts.
- To prepare and contribute to reports to be submitted to the ECB, the BOG and the MMSC as well as papers for various OPEC publications.
Objective of Position
- To develop the Department’s quantitative approach for estimating and forecasting short-term oil market developments and supervise and coordinate the application.
- Applies analytical and quantitative techniques and models on issues relating to oil market fundamentals and other data and information and reports thereon to the Governing Bodies.
- Coordinates and supports the Department’s work in the development and application of quantitative analyses and forecasts for short-term oil market and related developments; in particular responsible for initiating, updating and modifying modelling techniques; to this end reviews literature for new techniques.
- Studies, coordinates, and advises on and carries out the development of short-term oil market models in the Department, including annual updating of relevant manuals and guidelines and identifying data requirements.
- Studies and examines the development of other relevant forecasting tools, methods and models, including through networking with external expertise in this field.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University degree in Energy Economics, Econometrics or Operations Research.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- University degree: 8 years in the oil industry sector.
- Advanced degree: 6 years.
- Analytical work in energy economics and modelling.
- Computer application in econometrics and operations research.
- Knowledge of quantitative econometrics and time series such as VAR, VECM also Dynamic modelling, Panel data, GMM and energy modelling.
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative and integrity
Status and Benefits
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade E reporting to the Head of Petroleum Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here (Ms Word) to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers
Click Here to Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.