Full-time Palladium Group: ICT Coordinator Recruitment
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
The Job : ICT Coordinator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Kano, Nigeria
- The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a UKAid funded, five-year programme that provides technical assistance to improve access to and utilisation of quality health care for pregnant women, newborns and children in six northern Nigerian states – Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Zamfara, Katsina and Yobe. MNCH2 is managed by Palladium and a consortium of six Nigerian and international organisations.
Purpose of the Position
- The key role of the ICT Coordinator is to provide ICT support and day-to-day management to the project to ensure effective and efficient operations
- The role will interact with project employees and vendors supplying services to the project
- The role will work closely with and be supported by the corporate IT team. The role will report to the Senior Manager – Operations with the following reporting requirement:
- Regular updates with your line manager
- Weekly updates with the Palladium IT PoC
This position will be on a fixed term contract to April 2020.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager – Operations, the ICT Coordinator will:
- Perform operational administration and management of server, LAN, telephone and backup infrastructure;
- Maintain and manage the IT security services including systems access, virus protection, software and windows updates, firewall and remote access systems;
- Monitor IT services and systems using provided monitoring tools to ensure that they are working at optimal levels;
- Maintain the operational aspects of the disaster recovery plan including effective data backups, testing, storage and system restoration;
- Negotiate contracts and maintain vendor relationships for computer, network and telecommunications products and services;
- Provides support to the Communications Advisor on the communication tools such as MNCH2 Website, Facebook, Twitter etc. Also serves as the camera person taking pictures and/or providing video coverage for all activities in the HQ.
- Provides support to the M&E Advisor on HRIS database.
- Support Security Manager with the MNCH2 Surveillance System i.e the surveillance camera and security communication tree.
- Develop strategies and ideas to cater for growth and capacity within the region;
- Maintain the IT&T documentation set ensuring that it contains effective documentation and is kept current at all times;
- Maintain the IT asset, licensing, contract and contact registers.
- Provide Level 1 – 3 IT support – including but not limited to computers, printers, scanners, server, networking, SharePoint Online and conferencing equipment;
- Oversee the procurement and deployment of IT equipment and services in accordance with the corporate standards;
- Proactively participate in the effective use and promotion of the IT ticketing system via effectively recording, analysing, prioritising, tracking and actioning support cases;
- Assist in the enrolment of Project staff on relevant IT systems;
- Manage the repair and replacement of IT equipment including any warranty or insurance claims;
- Provide training to staff on applications, equipment and IT related processes;
- Provide out of hours support as required.
The ICT Coordinator will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Advance University Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Business Administration or other related fields, with strong specialization in IT;
- At least 5 years of progressively professional experience in international organizations in the area of the information and communication management, IT infrastructure programme development, implementation and coordination, including web design, database development, systems management, internet/intranet systems, and IT training;
- Fluent in English and Hausa;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Windows server and desktop Operating Systems;
- Extensive Knowledge of computer hardware;
- Comprehensive network experience including Routing, NAT, Firewall Access Rules, VPNs;
- Aptitude and interest for technical activities;
- Have the ability to multitask, work under pressure, take initiative, and acquire and apply technical skills as necessary;
- Ability to quickly understand complex problems and devise effective solutions.
How To Apply