Full-time Panasonic Avionics Corporation: General Manager, Africa – ITC Global Recruitment
Panasonic Avionics Corporation – For 40 years, Panasonic Avionics has strengthened the connection between the world’s airlines and their passengers. We are recognized globally for our experience and leadership in product innovation and customization, system reliability, and customer care. We collaborate with over 300 airline customers to develop inflight entertainment and communications (IFEC) solutions that are designed to meet their unique fleet, brand, operations, and business requirements, based on state-of-the-art technology, connectivity, and industry know-how. Every year, more than 2.7 billion passengers enjoy an amazing entertainment experience flying onboard Panasonic-equipped aircraft
The Job : General Manager, Africa – ITC Global
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Requisition: YH1344
- The General Manager will be responsible for supervising the ongoing business in Africa as it relates to Operations. In this role, it is the General Manager’s job to ensure customer service needs and expectations are fulfilled, and we are supporting the business within the region.
- The General Manager will report directly to the Director of EMEA Operations working to align our support teams globally.
- The General Manager will also be responsible for the successful execution of projects in the installation of remote VSAT communications systems and services we provide to our customers in the Energy, Enterprise, and Maritime vertical markets working closely with Sales, Legal, Compliance, Engineering and Finance/Accounting.
- Work closely with Africa Regional Operations Manager and Field Service Manager to drive excellence in service delivery and customer support within the region
- Day to day leadership and accountability of the assigned projects, scheduling and workflow
- Support ITC Global Compliance and Legal requirements within the region to ensure we are operating in compliant manner and fostering a culture of compliance amongst the team
- Maintain good working relationship with our customers within the region
- Liaise with other functional leaders and peers globally to ensure we are working as “One Team” in support of our clients.
- Assist employees with goal development insuring they are in line with department goals
- Perform all personnel related duties, including employee interviews, hiring, yearly reviews and salary recommendations with direct reports and the wider team
- Development of department operating policies and procedures
- Development and implementation of training plans for staff
- Support and approval of local purchasing activities
- Work with Accounting and Finance to ensure regional billing is being well managed to reduce invoicing times and non-payment
- Develop and maintain effective communications with client
- Produce weekly status report
- Review and approve time sheets, expense reports and invoices in a timely manner
- Promotes and reinforces a safe and positive HSE presence within the team and day to day work flow
- Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent educational qualification in Information Technology, Electronic Communication, Compute Science, Business or related field and 6 plus years of related experience; or 10 years direct field service experience in the industry or military may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 10 or more years of relevant experience in a supervisory or lead role.
- Must have demonstrable and significant experience in Onshore/Offshore Oil & Gas, Maritime and Mining markets.
- Working Conditions/Physical Elements
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screens. ITC Global maintains a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy.
- Expected travel is up to 50%.
How To Apply