Full-time Pest Control & EHS Coordinator at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Pest Control & EHS Coordinator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Number: 2102
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking for a new colleague to join our Supply Chain Department, as a Pest control & EHS Coordinator, in Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Contribute to the performance of the Nigeria Area Supply Chain Department by ensuring that leaf going to Primary Manufacturing Department (PMD) is beetle free for the Ibadan factory Operations meet production plans while overseeing the optimal operations of fumigation and EHS issues within a safe environment in accordance with EHS and housekeeping guidelines
- Finalize infestation procedure in line with best practice and present a copy to warehouse manager.
- Daily report on Temperature & Humidity of warehouses.
- Daily report of beetle level/EHS compliance in all warehouses.
- Carrying out induction training for all new contract employees.
- Coordination of monthly MHE and EHS warehouse meeting.
- Daily inspection of the warehouse premises for identification of unusual activities/situations that may be regarded as potential hazards.
- Act as EHS and housekeeping coordinator for the warehouses.
- To introduce effective coaching of all warehouse staff on infestation/EHS in warehouses.
- Identify, develop and coach potential successors.
- Produce document sign by warehouse staff on EHS/Infestation awareness.
- Maintain good relationship with EHS department.
- Maintain good relationship with quality assurance department.
- Maintain good working relationship with all other warehousing staff.
- Design and implement the best ways of monitoring infestation in warehouses.
- Come out with the BAT best practice in combat beetle infestation warehouse.
- Maintain a close relationship with agency managing off site warehouses, logistics and labour service providers.
- The job holder will cultivate and maintain a close working relationship with PMD, Leaf blender, Finance, Planning and other unit that has interface with the warehousing functions.
- B.Sc or HND in any field.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the warehousing processes.
- Good understanding of warehousing management systems.
- Ability to operate across all hierarchy levels, providing information and support as required.
- Good inter-personal communication skills.
- Sound Analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, work independently and deliver according to defined deadlines.
- Basic knowledge and use of Excel spreadsheet, Word processing and power point presentation tools and application to data warehousing and management.
- Ability to prioritize workloads.
- Familiarity with ERP/SAP systems and understanding of internal information flows.
How To Apply