Full-time Planning and Evaluation officer at Rural Builders
Rural Builders Organisation is a leading focal organisation in community development dedicated to improve sustainable livelihood of rural dwellers. Its Head Quarters is located in Benin City, Edo State, and currently seek the services of young and vibrant professionals for immediate employment to fill the various positions.
The Job : Planning and Evaluation officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job code: RBO/PO/ME/07/19
Location: Benin City
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project. He/she will also provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
Setting up the system:
- Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
- Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required.
Implementation of M&E and coordination:
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Check data quality with partners.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Provide the Project Manager with management information she/he may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager and the Director of ILO CO-Manila.
Education: First level university degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience in managing and providing training to partners and target beneficiaries.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
Languages: Excellent written and spoken command of English. Knowledge of additional language is an added advantage preferred.
- Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage
- Familiarity with some of the substantive issues handled by the project such as labour inspection, labour law enforcement, social dialogue.
- Good knowledge and experience regarding gender mainstreaming.
- Good moderation, facilitation and training skills.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with government and social partners.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Good computer applications skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to build on relevant knowledge within and outside the RBO as well as actively share her/his experience and expertise with colleagues and partners.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in diversified environments
How To Apply
Interested candidates should forward their cv to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via mail or SMS and must be willing to relocate.
For more enquiries call: +2348088130690 0r +2347038592646 or visit on www.ruralinstitute1.org