Full-time Polytechnic Librarian Recruitment at National Board for Technical Education (NBTE)
National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) – The President and Commander in-Chief of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria had assented to the bill for the establishment of two new Federal Polytechnics: Federal Polytechnic Daura, Katsina State and Federal Polytechnic Kaltungo, Gombe State.
Consequent upon this development, the Honourable Minister of Education approved the advertisement of the post of Rectors for the two Institutions. Accordingly, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
The Job : Polytechnic Librarian
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Katsina, Gombe, Nigeria
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer responsible to the Rector for the day to day running of the Polytechnic Library and for formulating overall library policies.
Qualifications, Experience and Qualities
- Applicant should hold a good honours Degree in Library and Information not lower than second Class Lower and a Master’s Degree in Library Information Science from a recognised Institution with a minimum of 18 years post qualification experience. A Ph.D. Degree will be an added advantage, with evidence of current membership of Library Professional Bodies and registration with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Applicants must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable Journals and contribution to knowledge.
- He/She must have publications in reputable peer reviewed outlets, both within and outside the country.
- He/She should be proficient in ICT packages and have put in minimum of 18 years post degree qualification with cognate working experience preferably in the Polytechnic sector, ten (10) of which must be at the Library Management position.
- He/She should not be more than 59 years of age at the time of application.
The candidate for the post of Polytechnic Librarian should possess the following Qualities:
- Must hold a good honours degree in Library & Information Science not below Second class lower and a Master’s degree in Library & Information Science from a recognized University. With a minimum of eighteen (18) years post Qualification, ten (10) years must be at the position of in Library management of a tertiary institution. APhD degree will be an added advantage.
- Must provide evidence of membership of Library Professional body/bodies and verifiable evidence of Registration with Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Must provide evidence of Scholarly Publication in reputable peer review journals both within and outside the Country.
- He/She must also show evidence of presentation of invited papers at educational Conferences, Seminars and Workshops.
- He/She must not be more than fifty-nine years of age as at the time of application.
- Must be proficient in Information & communication Technology (ICT).
- Must be morally sound of impeccable character and free from financial embracement.
Terms of Appointment and Condition of Service
- The successful candidate shall hold the office for a period of five years. The conditions of service for the post are the same as obtained in all Federal Polytechnics in the Country. In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic.
- The Salary package is similar to the approved package by National Salaries Incomes and wages Commission for Polytechnic Librarian of the Federal Polytechnic.
Application Closing Date
4th November, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Applications and twenty Curriculum Vitae stating in the following order:
- Full name;
- Place and Date of Birth;
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area (LGA);
- Marital Status;
- Number and ages of children;
- Permanent home address;
- Contact address;
- E-mail address and Phone Number (s);
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates (certified copies attached);
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts
- Own vision for the Polytechnic in the next five (5) years with particular reference to relevant materials requisition for, and management of Polytechnic Library (not more than 500 words);
- Name and Address of three (3) referees (Applicant should request the referees to send confidential reports on them directly to the Executive Secretary, via the address below). Referees report for the post of Polytechnic Librarian, Federal Polytechnic Daura or Polytechnic Librarian, Federal Polytechnic Kaltungo (as the case may be).
Applications with curriculum vitae and copies of all relevant credentials should be forwarded either by hand or post and should be marked at the top left hand corner of the envelop ‘The Polytechnic Librarian Daura or The Polytechnic Librarian’ Kaltungo (as the case may be) to:
The Executive Secretary,
National Board for Technical Education,
Plot ‘B’ Bida Road,