Full-time PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC): Internal Audit Senior Associate Vacancy
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
The Job : Internal Audit Senior Associate
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reference Number: 125-NIG00171
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead medium to complex engagement teams with responsibility for on-field team activities, coaching, supervision etc. or play a support lead role on complex engagements, usually a multi-location audit with responsibility for some high risk components with minimal supervision.
- Perform timely initial review of less complex file sections to ensure audit documentation is of sufficient quality and depth.
- Manage projects to ensure the right tasks are done at the right time by the engagement team.
- Manage internal communications (including planning and preparation of the team).
- Give appropriate and timely feedback to less experienced team members. Provide upward feedback to reviewers.
- Raise potential issues to engagement manager on a timely basis.
- Take ownership of the completion of assigned work and overall file completion through to file archiving.
- Coordinate the review of audit areas and effectively clear partner and manager comments.
- Provide on-the-job coaching to less experienced team members.
- Understand the budget/scope of work included in the fee estimate and track engagement costs, monitor realization and provide a timely update of progress, including overruns, to the manager and partner.
- Support engagement lead or manager in performing internal risk management procedures on engagements e.g. Affirm, Stop-Go etc.
- Engage other lines of service that could proffer solutions to client issues.
- Take up responsibility for billing and collection.
- Active involvement in proposal development, oral rehearsals and oral presentation to prospective clients.
- Adapts communication based on situation/ people/audience.
- Demonstrates professionalism and maturity to effectively represent PwC.
- Communicates effectively with the client; Makes technical points understandable.
- Shows foresight and initiative in dealing with client issues.
- Exhibits confidence in interactions and effectively contributes to group discussions.
- Effectively delegates work and encourages less experienced staff to ask questions and offer ideas.
- Understands and apply efficiency innovations introduced by the firm.
- Understands client’s culture and politics and is able to adapt to achieve positive results.
- Interacts with component or group teams on Group Internal Audits.
- Possess the maturity to resolve conflicts on engagements.
- Knowledgeable of PwC global tools (e.g. Spark, Knowledge Curve, Global Portal, and PwC Inform) and is comfortable with utilizing them.
- Develops relationships with management and key contact persons.
- Makes quality contributions to the delivery of the three client principles (Engage – Agree Value – Feedback)
- Develops confidence and poise to chair team and client meetings.
- Ability to coach and mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Can identify complex technical issues and propose possible solutions using appropriate research and analysis (knows when to involve partner/manager).
- Demonstrates understanding of complex issues with clear, concise documentation.
- Is able to draft client communications and other internal/external reports in a clear, concise and complete way requiring limited edits on review.
- Is able to perform a first level review of reports (ensure that the report tie-out to the work evidenced on aura file, and in line with PwC IA methodology and IIA standards) and effectively clear partner and manager comments.
- Has deep technical skills, can effectively be a subject matter expert (SME) in some areas such as banking, technology, telecommunication, IFRS, auditing etc.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of regulatory pronouncements that are applicable to client’s business and industry (e.g. CAMA, FRCN Act, BOFIA, SEC).
- Can effectively plan and design an audit approach that complies with PwC Internal Audit methodology and IIA standards.
- Is able to appropriately modify the audit approach for change in circumstance or new information.
- Takes ownership of planning, performing risk assessment and designing an audit approach that complies with PwC Internal Audit methodology and IIA standards.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding relationships between objectives, risks and controls within business processes and apply that understanding to develop and audit plan with coaching from a manager.
- Able to lead the identification, documentation of key controls in significant business processes, evaluate these controls for design and operating effectiveness and document work in a concise and coherent manner.
- Completes a timely initial review of less complex file sections to ensure audit documentation is of sufficient quality and depth.
- Understands when specialist assistance is required and assists in coordinating with PwC specialists.
- Is able to reach sound conclusions and clearly document thought process.
- Is aware of and applies the various technical alerts that are released by the firm.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of internal risk management procedures on engagements.
Required Experience and Qualification
- B.Sc. Degree in any course with minimum 2.1 GPA
- ACA, ACCA, CIA (State appropriate level).
- Knowledge of Internal audit management tools and solutions.
- Minimum of 4-6 years working experience.
How To Apply