Full-time Procurement Officer at APM Terminals
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 22,000 employees spread across more than 58countries and 5 continents united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community.
The Job : Procurement Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Ref.: AT-204987
Job type: Temporary
- To administer elements of the purchasing activity from material reacquisition to complete delivery to company store.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of all orders placed and transactions up to the receipt of goods.
- Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material or equipment
- Find reliable sources to supply goods and services
- Contact suppliers to obtain information on price, quality and delivery capabilities for goodsand services required.
- Estimate values according to knowledge of market price,checking previous item prices and quotations and preparing comparison sheet for approval.
- Determine method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Place orders for purchases and ensure proper follow up for timely delivery.
- Procure capital items / consumables in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services
- with users, vendors and others to determine source of problem and take corrective action.
- Co-ordinate for all Imports including getting all necessary documents for customs clearing liaising with clearing agent for
We are looking for:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree holder preferable in Procurement/Supply Chain Management related discipline
- CIPS qualification
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Good working knowledge of Procurement software e.g SAP, IFS etc.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work cognate experience
- Possess excellent organizational skills, very detail-oriented and great at handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good networking, interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Analytical, detailed oriented, aptitude to learn, flexible in working hours.
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment acquiring skills, knowledge and exposure to a service provider setup.
- General exposure to procurement at global level
How To Apply