Full-time Product Quality Control Associate at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
The Job : Product Quality Control Associate
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The Product Quality Assurance Associate plays a pivotal role in the customer experience journey by ensuring our customers receive authentic and safe products that exceed their expectations
- You’ll be accountable for all product quality assurance activities, working with key stakeholders and engaging them to ensure higher standards of quality, improved customer perception, and reduced merchandise return levels.
- Lead the customer complaint process by working with the appropriate functions in order to analyze the returned product/failure, formulate the response to the customer and work directly with that customer to resolve the issue.
- Ensure QC agents are not passing packages that customers have returned or rejected.
- End to end quality leadership responsibility, provide and enhance quality control processes, both internally and externally, to ensure quality requirements are met
- Analyse data insights across transactional customer satisfaction, QA performance, NPS detractors and support escalations
- Evaluate the acceptability of product quality testing and deciding next steps
- Manage the counterfeit battle (working with Production) and wrong item fulfillment (working with Vendor Support Centre)
- Set direction for our support strategy through building cross functional relationships both internally and externally
- Leverage findings from targeted analysis to contribute to the Continuous Improvement process
- Act as the technical and functional product expert to assigned business categories
- Develop and implement programs to establish, maintain, and deliver high product quality to Vendors and Customers
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in quality inspections and quality management
- Experience in a customer facing quality role
- Experience in directly-related quality assurance/quality control functions, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven technical acumen demonstrated within a manufacturing, quality or consumer products environment
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, low-structure, constantly changing atmosphere and prioritizing work appropriately
- Proficiency in data analysis tools
- Familiarity with ISO quality systems and typical standard operating procedures.
How To Apply