Full-time Program Associate at One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund – Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
The Job : Program Associate
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Kabwe, Zambia
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
- The Zambia Program Associate’s primary responsibility is to successfully plan and manage projects to support the program to increase in scale and grow in impact for every farm family enrolled.
- They will report to the Country Director, and manage innovations, operations, recruitment and strategy projects on an as-needed basis.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Field Operations: Set annual strategic plan for collecting ~8 million dollar loan portfolio from farmers by the deadline, and manage individual projects to contribute to the goal. Individual projects could include Field Officer trainings, incentives selection and deliveries coordination, or managing a call center to clients behind the repayment targets.
- Innovations: Plan and manage a trial focused on improving impact for each farmer we serve. Examples include facilitating a market access intervention or developing a new agricultural product to offer to farmers to increase diversification.
- Recruitment: Support on sourcing and hiring strong talent for the company as we continue to grow.
Career Growth And Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong project management skills
- Language: English required
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in Kabwe, Zambia for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Excellent judgment in sensitive people issues, management skills, creative problem solving.
- Commensurate with experience
- Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates:
- Yes. Zambia country nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply