Contract Programme Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Officer at Solidaridad West Africa (SWA)
Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the sustainable development of production systems in West Africa. We play a catalytic role by partnering with private sector companies and other stakeholders to foster the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains. Our activities in West Africa are focused on cocoa, gold, oil palm, cotton, soy and other commodities.
The Job : Programme Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The Solidaridad regional office is based in Accra, Ghana and currently has programmes and operations in Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Cote O’lvoire, Ghana, Liberia and Nigeria.
- The Solidaridad Nigeria Country Program, seeks to recruit a highly qualified and motivated Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer
- The position would be based initially in Abuja and later in one of the towns/cities in the oil palm belt in Nigeria.
- The incumbent will be responsible for data collection, analysis, and tracking project performance as well reporting for several projects
- He/she will also ensure quality implementation throughout project cycle
- In addition, he/she will support the country office in the actualization of their strategic plans aligned to the vision of Solidaridad.
Planning and Design:
- Design the monitoring and evaluation tools and forms for the project
- Participate in project planning process including Project, Resource, Financial, Quality, Risk and Reporting plans
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation data collection activities, including logistics of form distribution and collection
- Monitor the Performance Management Plans (PMP) for the project and provide key information to management for planning/decision making
- Participate in the design, data collection and analysis of surveys and routine data
- Facilitate utilization of data for decision making and documentation of best practices/lessons learnt
Evaluation and Reporting:
- Participate in the development of the evaluation design, tools, protocols and procedures for the project
- Generate reports in compliance with the organizations and donor procedures and agreements in the award
- In accordance with donor requirements, create, maintain procedures for capturing and publishing monthly, quarterly and annual project technical reports
- Review and provide feedback to reports by affiliates
- Identify opportunities for operations research during implementation
- Prepare the M&E reports for submission to the Project Managers and PMEL Coordinator
- Ensure data quality through conducting quarterly DQA/RDQA and reporting.
- Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff.
- Design, implement and evaluate projects with an aspect of resource mobilization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Agricultural Economics, Project Management, or relevant subject, preferably with specialization in Research, Monitoring and Evaluation
- At least 3-5 years experience in the implementation of international development programs, including substantial experience in monitoring and evaluation, data collection analysis and management, quantitative and qualitative research;
- Experience with the DCEO standard and private sector development is a plus;
- Experience in working with policy makers, researchers, consultants and knowledge brokers in international Cooperation;
- Experience in using data analyses tools (SPSS, Stata or similar tools)
- Experience in technical report writing and research activities Capable of working in a dynamic, inter-cultural, multi-stakeholder setting;
- Able to travel extensively within the country;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to produce professional reports in English language.
How To Apply
Applicants should send their Applications with updated Resume to: [email protected] Please indicate the position in the subject.
Note: High priority would be given to qualified female applicants.