Full-time Programme Officer – Communications, Outreach and Networking at Solidaridad West Africa (SWA)
Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the sustainable development of production systems in West Africa. We play a catalytic role by partnering with private sector companies and other stakeholders to foster the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains. Our activities in West Africa are focused on cocoa, gold, oil palm, cotton, soy and other commodities.
The Job : Programme Officer – Communications, Outreach and Networking
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Our activities in West Africa are focused on sustainable cocoa and oil palm production, responsible gold mining and food security. As one of the Regional Expertise Centres (REC) within Solidaridad’s Network.
We are part of a growing global organization advocating and supporting sustainable and responsible production and trade. SWA focuses on stimulating sustainable supply chains through introduction of innovations in good practices, robust infrastructure, sustainable landscapes management and enabling policy.
The Solidaridad regional office is based in Accra, and currently has programmes and operations in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Cote D’Ivoire and Liberia. The Solidaridad Country Programme in Nigeria seeks to recruit a highly qualified and motivated Programme Officer for Communications, Outreach and Networking to provide effective communications, outreach/policy and networking support toward the implementation of Solidaridad Country programmes, including the ‘National Initiatives for Sustainable and Climate Smart Oil Palm Small holders’ (NISCOPS) project. The position would be based in any of the oil palm belt/States in Nigeria.
- As a member of the Regional Communications Team, the Communications Officer will strategically position Solidaridad to deliver its mandate by leading the planning, design and implementation of internal and external communications, outreach/policy and networking roles in all of Solidaridad’s work in Nigeria.
- The position reports to the Country Representative (CR) and works closely with the Regional Communications Manager.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive communication, outreach/policy, networking and visibility strategy for the Nigeria Country Programme, with special focus on the NISCOPS project
- Develops and implements annual communications, outreach and networking work plans for the country programme as a contribution to the REC annual communications work plan
- Conducts communications needs assessments for the country office and develops approaches to meet the needs
- Develops regular news articles and relevant stories on programmes/projects activities and key events for dissemination on the Solidaridad website and social media platforms
- Facilitates the production of relevant multimedia products such as videos and photographs for documentation and dissemination on relevant platforms including social media
- Packages programme/project results and impacts in easily digestible formats, and disseminates to relevant national and regional audiences
- Develops a repository for communication materials and train colleagues on communication tools that ensures the right information is produced for internal documentation, knowledge sharing and external dissemination.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- University Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Development Communications; additional studies or a short course in the sustainable development sector will be an advantage
- At least 3-5 years proven working experience in corporate or project communications, knowledge management and advocacy in sustainable development
- Experience working with policy makers, government ministries, outreach and networking will be an added advantage.
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Strong writing skills
- Experience in media relations
- Knowledge of sustainable development
- Experience in the usage of computers, office software packages and social media platforms
- Good knowledge and experience in handling camera, design software and web-based management systems
- Strong social media presence
- Background in strategic communication for effective information provision at a project/programme level
How To Apply
Applicants should send their Applications with updated Resume to: [email protected] Please indicate the position in the subject.
Note: High priority would be given to qualified female applicants.