Full-time Project Driver at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
An International Development Organization is seeking qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
The Job : Project Driver
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Location: Geidam, Yobe State
The Driver is responsible for operating a vehicle owned by the organization to provide transportation services to the employees and visitors of the organization; to move expendable and non-expendable supplies, equipment and furnishings, as necessary; ensure that preventive maintenance of the vehicle is performed on a regular basis. This Driver position will be based in Geidam, Yobe State, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states. Travel may be required.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Driver reports to the Administration & Office Manager in Abuja, and Office Manager in Adamawa, Borno, Yobe, respectively.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the project staff in obtaining and facilitating movement to different project sites.
- Arrange for vehicle repairs, when necessary, and ensure that the vehicle is kept in good working condition.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, maintenance, oil changes, etc.
- Ensure that all required procedures and laws are adhered to when driving.
- Collect and deliver mail or other type of correspondence, when required.
- Provide safe transportation to passengers.
- Assist in moving supplies, equipment and furnishings, as necessary, from one location to another.
- Provide airport pick-up/drop-off services to official visitors of the project.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience driving a motor vehicle is required. At least 1-2 years of experience with an International Organization is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of different regions in the country is required.
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of driving
- Valid Nigerian Driver’s license is required.
- Clean driving record/history is required.
- Excellent Communication skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in English and one of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is preferred.
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents to [email protected]
A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
A cover letter; AND
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.