Full-time Promasidor Nigeria: Research and Development Technologist Recruitment
Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
The Job : Research and Development Technologist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reporting To: Manager – Research and Development(Strategy & Innovation)
- Responsible for bench work activities around new product development, product reformulation, pilot plant operation and factory scale-up trials.
- Responsible for sensory evaluation of raw materials and finished products.
- Ensure completion of bench work activities, shelf life studies and development of product prototypes within agreed timelines
- Carry out bench work activities around innovation and development of formulation prototypes for new product development projects
- Perform bench work activities around optimization and improvement of existing PNG formulations for both quality and margin delivery.
- Support activities around claim substantiation and nutritional labeling for new products along with product instructional information.
- Support development, validation, release, maintenance and review of technical specifications for raw materials and finished products.
- Conduct the physical and sensory evaluation of potential raw materials prior to approval for use.
- Support the management of the technical aspects of development, pre qualification and integration of suppliers or raw materials and ingredients.
- Carry out internal sensory sessions from sample preparation, questionnaire preparation, panelist selection, sample administration, statistical analysis and report writing.
- Support factory acceptance trials to ensure smooth production scale-up from laboratory-scale and pilot-scale to factory level
- Support activities around the operation and maintenance of the R&D Extrusion pilot plant for new product and process development
- Support the development, modification and implementation of test methods for product and raw material evaluation.
- Set up trial methodology to track and monitor shelf life and product/pack stability for new and reformulated products
- Support the maintenance and continual certification of the PNG Food Safety Management System to the requirements of ISO 22000 standards
- R&D Laboratory, raw material and sample management
- Supervise the R&D pilot plant operative and Interns
- A University degree in Food Science and Technology, Biochemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Research and Development in FMCG (Food and Beverages)
- Practical knowledge of New product development
- Proficiency in laboratory food chemical/proximate Analysis & testing
- Sensory evaluation and shelf-life studies
- Technical standards and specification
- Proficiency in Word & Excel
- Communication skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Food Processing techniques
- Food and food ingredients
- Data analysis
- Report writing
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Team Player
- Attention to details
- Interpersonal skills
- Relationship Management
- Decision Making
How To Apply