Full-time R28 Limited: Land Surveyor Recruitment
R28 Limited is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
The Job : Land Surveyor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Surveys site/land to determine precise location and measurement of points, elevations, lines, areas and contours for construction and other land related activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducts land surveys for determination of boundary lines, retracement of government survey lines and re-establishment of land survey corners.
- Assembles pertinent reference data before field surveys.
- Plots field data, using survey computer programs, constructs maps and prepares reports. Makes topographical surveys and site surveys for the development and/or clean-up of contaminated recreational facilities and the design of buildings, roads and bridges.
- Gathering data on the earth’s physical and man-made features through surveys.
- To produce detailed land related information (subsequently analysed by planners, builders and cartographers.
- To use a range of equipment to produce surveys, including GPS and conventional methods. To interpret data using maps, charts and plans.
- Utilising data from a range of sources, such as aerial photography, satellite surveys and laser beam measuring systems.
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) and other IT software to interpret data and present information.
- Keeping up to date with new and emerging technology.
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
Key Performance Indicators
- Reliability and accuracy of land data gathered and presented.
- Ability to undertake assignments and responsibilities with little supervision.
- Accuracy of levels taken.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Surveying from a recognized higher institution.
- A minimum of 6 years working experience in land surveying.
- A post graduate degree (e.g. MBA) from a reputable university will be an added advantage.
Working knowledge, skills and competencies and attributes:
- Practical and logical qualities and a methodical way of thinking.
- A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Knowledge of the use of mathematics, survey computer programs and survey computations applicable to work.
- Knowledge of the use of mechanical drawing instruments or survey computer programs.
- Knowledge of the nomenclature and symbols of drafting.
- Know-how of surveying instruments and equipment and their use and care.
- Must understand the principles and practices of land surveying.
- Knowledge of States laws regarding the establishments of plats, property lines and survey monuments.
- The ability to use survey instruments.
- Must have the ability to make engineering sketches, maps and drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and specifications.
- The ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information simply to a diverse range of people.
- Excellent, communication, negotiating and team work skills.
- Very good organisational skills.
- A clear understanding of building regulations and other legal guidelines.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.