Full-time R28 Limited: Quantity Survey Officer Recruitment
R28 Limited is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
The Job : Quantity Survey Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To prepare estimates and costs of work to be done per project.
- To manage the company’s cost profile relating to building and civil engineering projects.
- To minimize the costs of projects and enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
- Undertaking costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Performing risk and value management and cost control.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
- Providing insight on contractual claims.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Valuing completed work and liaising with the Finance to arrange payments.
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Providing insight and advise on maintenance costs of specific buildings.
- Expected to perform duties diligently.
- Carry out frequent studies and reference on other project cases to solve any problems that occur in the field.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Executive Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good university degree in Quantity Survey.
- A minimum of 6-10 years’ work experience in the construction industry.
- Professional qualification would be an added advantage.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accuracy and reliability of tender and contract documents.
- Level of efficiency in carrying out assigned duties.
- Reliability of risk assessment, value and cost control reports.
- Impact of insight on various projects.
- Ability to adhere to company’s policies and procedures regarding quantity surveying.
- Level of adherence to health, safety, environment principles in quality of productive output.
- Level of awareness of all projects been undertaking by the company. Working knowledge, skills and competencies and attributes
- Practical and logical qualities and a methodical way of thinking.
- A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to read and interpret building plans.
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to learn design and costing IT packages.
- Ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information simply to a diverse range of people.
- Good negotiating and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers/team members.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to listen and fully understand the expectations of the clients.
- Good interpersonal skill.
- Working knowledge of use of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio and Project)
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]using the “Job title” as the subject of the mail.