Full-time Recovery Manager at Accion Microfinance Bank Limited
Accion Microfinance Bank Limited – Established in 2006, began operations in May 2007 on license from the Central Bank of Nigeria. Our management team comprises seasoned and distinguished professionals from diverse backgrounds complemented by the expertise of our technical partners, ACCION International. At Accion Microfinance Bank our core values, business philosophy and methodology distinguish us as one of the leading microfinance banks in Nigeria.
The Job : Recovery Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: South South/East
- Identifying, developing and implementation of sound, acceptable credit policies
- Identification of areas for improving processes, implementing best practices and metrics to track performance management
- Reconciling transactions and balances to maintain accurate accounts
- Maintaining bad debt and bad debt recovery records
- Monitoring receivables and collections and providing updates of receivables and providing appropriate reporting procedures
- Providing regular updates of receivables to management
- Negotiating payment programs with delinquent customers
- Identifying accounts requiring collection agency or legal action and coordinating collections with third party contractors
- Monitoring violations of credit policies, providing analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to senior management
- The credit manager will be responsible for motivating subordinates to optimize their performance and professional growth.
Qualifications & Experiences
- B.Sc/BA/HND in Social Sciences, Business, Banking, Finance, Marketing or any other numeric course
- An MBA will be added advantage
- Minimum of 5 Years work experience in the Banking sector.
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills
- Effective communication/interpersonal skills with people at all levels, including ability to use tact, diplomacy and persuasiveness
- Strong leadership negotiation and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills e.g. read and interpret financial statements.
- A pro-active, self-starter with excellent all round communication skills
- Ability to motivate and mentor subordinates
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to conduct credit analysis and strategically analyze financials
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present financial information effectively.
- Detailed knowledge of required documentation and a thorough knowledge of Lien Laws that govern the transactional relationship between the Customer and the Company
- Knowledge of contract payments
- Understanding of financial and debt analysis
- Knowledge of micro, small and medium enterprise market.
How To Apply