Full-time Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Nigeria (RAIN): Engineering Technician – Robotics Recruitment
Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Nigeria, RAIN (RC Number: 1607482) is an AI Robotics training & research centre built solely to advance local content in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence. The centre is located in a cul-de-sac area of Ibadan and is equipped with ultramodern facilities for research and product development. The facility consists of well-stocked robotics and embedded systems lab, as well as a 3D and PCB printing, CNC machining and a metal fabrication unit. RAIN also has a generous digital library collection, unlimited and fast internet broadband and uninterrupted power supply. RAIN is a rich community of intellectuals who take pride in training graduates (and highly motivated secondary school leavers) on Robotics and Artificial Intelligence. RAIN provides support and mentorship for industrial and academic researchers and is confident in her ability to deliver positive and good quality results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Engineering Technician – Robotics
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ibadan, Oyo, Nigeria
- The Technician will work directly as a member of our product development team, applying their mechanical and electronic expertise to implement truly novel solutions to solve technical challenges.
- They will work independently on pieces of the system, but will also work closely with other team members to ensure cohesive product performance.
- Responsibilities will focus on launching new products into production and supporting prototype and production systems fielded at customer sites.
- Troubleshoot robotic systems
- Assemble and reassemble robots or peripheral equipment.
- Fabricate components or systems, such as housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures, using metalworking machines.
- Train students and staff to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Assist students in the design, configuration, or application of robotic systems.
- Support engineering outreach and recruitment activities.
- Develop product support documentation including maintenance instructions and troubleshooting guides.
- Not more than 28 years of age as at the time of application
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience; or HND with 5 years of relevant experience (preferably product prototyping / manufacturing)
- Hands-on with basic workshop tools (e.g. drills, Dremel drills, hacksaw)
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry standards
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of schematics, block diagrams, and electro/mechanical assembly drawings
- Able to prioritise work effectively and provide technical support to students, faculty and staff
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision on multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Willing to learn new systems and protocols.
- Preferred Qualifications (as applicable to your field):
- Using and programming of CNC milling machine
- Basic CAD software skills for 3D design and mechanical assembly
- Excellent soldering skills
- Preparing wire harness with multiple different type of connectors
- Skills in control algorithms, microcontroller programming and embedded circuit design using modern software
- Able to build, install, program, test, repair and maintain robotic equipment and related automated systems.
- Experience working with microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, sensor or feedback systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
- N60,000 – N 100,000 per month
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should an email with the subject “Job Reference: ET191001” to: [email protected] containing your Curriculum vitae and a Cover letter addressed to:
The Recruitment Manager,
Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Nigeria (RAIN),
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Nigeria (RAIN) is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.