Full-time Save the Children: Food Security and Livelihood Market Officer Vacancy
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
The Job : Food Security and Livelihood Market Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- To support implementation of FSL component of the project. More specifically, assist in methodological improvements of market data collection and analysis.
- S/he is principally responsible for collecting and interpreting market data, formulating reports and making recommendations based upon the findings
- Coordinate and clearly communicate market team activities, provide support to project vendors and volunteers.
- Provide feedback on projects’ market activities to Senior Marketing Officer
- Support logistics team in identification of new vendors
- Sensitization of local vendors in the project intervention zone, and maintain a collaborative relationship between them and Save the Children.
- Supervise the data collection enumerators and ensure that the collected data is accurate, reliable, and submitted in a timely manner.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
- Reviewed and modify distribution plan with partners and implementation plans with project assistants and field monitors
- Support rapid assessments, baseline studies, and seasonal assessments in collaboration with food security and livelihood colleagues.
- With support from the Accountability Lead ensure accountability is enforced in all project activities as well as ensuring that feedback from children and their families is considered in project design/implementation.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for partner staff and communicate this to the Senior Marketing Officer
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
- Ensure that Save the Children’s work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and support Interagency Coordination forums, advocating for the specific needs of children. This may involve supporting coordination working groups within the IDP camps and host communities or target project sites.
- Contribute to communications and media work as required through correction of data and information and sharing with the project heads
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in relevant field (in Social Research Methods, Development Studies, Agriculture, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics)
- Minimum 2 years post NYSC of relevant work experience in food security, research studies and report writing
- Fluent communication in English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Demonstrated primary and secondary data analysis and analytical skills
- Familiarity with various field survey methods and techniques (PRA, sample surveys, etc.)
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of training and capacity building staff
- Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
- Strong negotiation skill in dealing with vendors
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
How To Apply