Full-time Save the Children: Project Manager, Reach Vacancy
Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
The Job :Project Manager, Reach
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
- The Program Manager will provide oversight to the REACH project team in Gombe, Katsina and Zamfara states on planning, monitoring, report writing and budget and award management in order to meet timelines within the life of the project.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Effectively and efficiently work with all REACH staff and local partners to ensure timely reporting of narrative and financial reports to the country office.
- Maintain good communication with staff and local partners
- Work together with the Program team and local partners to develop and track implementable project workplan and budgets in line with project objectives and plans
- Work closely with the project staff and monitor implementation of project workplan and reporting of activities
- Submit quality project narrative reports on timely basis to country office
Planning and Budgeting:
- Provide guidance on activity plans, budgets and financial management and reporting to project staff and local partners in all project implementation states
- Provide guidance on budgeting, forecasting, rephrasing, tracking/monitoring and reporting
- Follow up with country office Awards and Finance to ensure timely disbursements of funds to local partners and assessment and vetting of local partners where appropriate.
Representation and relationships:
- Represent REACH project on stakeholders meetings in the states where necessary.
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree with at least 5 years’ work experience or a Postgraduate qualification with 3 years’ experience in program management
- At least 5 years programme management experience with INGO in Nigeria
- At least 3 years in Adolescent sexual health programme management.
- Effective planning, analytical, report writing and financial skills
- Very good understanding and skills in advocacy and in promoting gender equality, child rights, community empowerment, community development approaches, analytical & research skills, experience in conducting research, data analysis and knowledge management
- Proven supervisory skills and coaching for direct reports.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) and excellent writing skills
- Experience working in Northern Nigeria
- Fluency in Hausa
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective project management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
How To Apply