Full-time Senior Backend Developer – Jumia Pay at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
The Job : Senior Backend Developer – Jumia Pay
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Type: Full time
- Jumia Pay is a new and free online payment service that enables you to send payments online securely, instantly, and cost-effectively.
In particular you will:
- Design and implementation of web-based services that are high performing and scalable
- Expand our micro-services architecture
- Evolve your technical capabilities to the next level while using state-of-the-art technologies
- Work with a multidisciplinary team (Developers; DevOps, QA Engineers, Product Owners) oriented to continuous delivery
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews
- Respect and follow the code of conduct, general rules and principles of the company
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience using Spring based Java programming, and object-oriented design principles and design patterns
- Experimented with OLTP and distributed platforms
- Experimented with strong authentication and authorizations controls (ACLs) between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Strong experience with ORM (Hibernate) and relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) in an OLTP context.
- Experience with other programming languages (GoLang, NodeJS, Python)
- Experimented on state of the art product development Agile practices, continuous delivery and testing (Version control, Unit-Testing or Continuous integration and delivery),
- Strong knowledge on Performance and Security topics
- Passion to analyze and solve complex technical problems
- Proactiveness, team player and positive attitude
- Adaptable, meticulous, innovative with good problem-solving skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
How To Apply