Full-time Senior Pipeline and Corrosion Engineer Recruitment at Alfred & Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Senior Pipeline and Corrosion Engineer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
- Prepare Pipeline designs and deliverables for basic/conceptual, Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and Detailed Engineering Design (DED) according to specifications.
- Report to Whom: Lead Pipeline Engineer
- Direct to: Junior Pipeline Engineer Trainees
- Internal Relationship: All Staff
- External Relationship: Client
- Prepare Pipeline design and deliverables for feasibility studies, conceptual/basic engineering, FEED and DED.
- Knowledge of piping & instrumentation diagrams.
- Preparation of Pipeline Alignment sheets / Profiles.
- Preparation of data sheets and technical specifications.
- Preparation of Pipeline Wall thickness calculation.
- Review Pipeline deliverables performed by Engineers, Designers and CAD Operators.
- Perform inter-discipline design checks,
- Supervise and coach Pipeline engineers and trainees.
- Liaise with other departments, clients, vendors, subcontractors and approving authorities on projects.
- Participate in internal and external meetings.
- Participate in engineering design and safety reviews.
- Provide input topreparation of tenders and Cost Time Resource (CTR) estimates for proposals.
- Conduct Site visit and submit report.
- Ensure strict adherence to QHSE policies and procedures and comply with safe work methods as required.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by Supervisor/line Manager
- Academic Qualification: B.Eng. Mechanical / Chemical/Petroleum Engineering
- Professional Qualification: NSE/COREN
- NACE (National Association of Corrosion Engineers)
- Experience: Minimum of 6 years in similar role
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient in Engineering System and Knowledge
- Concern for order, quality and accuracy.
- Good knowledge on Cathodic Protection design for Tanks, Vessels and Pipelines.
- Knowledge prototyping corrosion monitoring devices.
- Knowledge corrosion mitigation strategies for refineries, petrochemical industries.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and Adobe editing system
- Highly motivated and have ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Team player with excellent personnel management skills.
- Strong communications skills to work across departments.
- Excellent use of Engineering Software’s (i.e AutoCAD, HYDROCOR,etc)
- Conversant with National and International Codes, Standards and Engineering Practices used in the industry – API, ASME & ISA, ANSI , AGA , IEC, API, PIP , NACE STANDARDS, DNV STANDARDS AND ASTM,ASME and API MSS etc..
- Good analytical skills.
- Essential high level of English language written and spoken.
Physical Exertion on the Job:
- Performance Area: Design Deliverables
- Accuracy of design deliverables: Reports, Specifications, Lists and Drawings in accordance to engineering standards.
- Frequency of revision cycles before final approval
- Correctness of Checks and Verification carried out
- Perform Self Checks and Verification on design deliverables.
- Accurate/updated record in Project Folder.
- Updated drawing Templates for Projects.
- Continuous delivery of Client requirements.
- Turnaround Time (TAT) on delivery of Assigned tasks
- Strict adherence and compliance to QHSE policies and safe work rules.
Key Performance Metrics:
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- Customer Service
Application Closing Date
3pm; 24th September, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the closing date above will be automatically rejected.