Full-time Services Sales Representatives at Oracle
Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
The Job : Services Sales Representatives
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job ref.: 19000GAW
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Mission and Objectives
- To achieve the set Sales Targets within existing assigned accounts and by creating new business and renewing existing contracts within the assigned Territory or Functional area.
- Sales of the organization’s services (e.g., maintenance and service contracts).
- Sells organization’s services (e.g., maintenance and service contracts); primarily finds new customers and generates new business. Develops new accounts and/or expands existing accounts within an established geographic territory, industry, product segment, or channel.
- Responsible for the business sales bookings number for ACS services in the assigned accounts – works towards an allocated Sales Bookings target split in Software and Systems bookings
- Reports to ACS Sales Cluster Leader
- Contributes to ACS sales plans to address the various accounts in the target market, also developing profiles of targeted accounts
- Has no direct reports, but leads the activities of virtual teams in support of customers
- Works in a designated territory or industry on a defined set of customer accounts
- Works to identify all organizations (including existing Oracle customers) that fall into their designated space focusing on a targeted number that has a specific value proposition and sales engagement activity
- Works with appropriate Oracle Partners
- Works with other Lines of Business (LOBs)
- Key responsibilities of the role apply to the accounts assigned to the ACS Representative.
- Responsibility for the business sales bookings number for ACS services in the assigned accounts,
- Responsibility for conducting territory analysis and associated business creation activities within the assigned business vertical and account assignment,
- Responsibility for the creation of the associated business plans to accomplish the related business targets,
- Creation of joint go-to-market activities with other aspects of the wider Oracle sales function,
- Responsibility for working alongside ACS’s business development/sales program functions to facilitate the creation and execution of targeted demand generation activities,
- Works to identify and cover all organizations (including existing Oracle customers) that fall into their designated account list focusing on building a strong pipeline and closing opportunities in a timely fashion,
- Works with appropriate Oracle Partners, i.e. resellers, SI’s, ISV’s, technology partners and alliances
- Works with Customer Management (CM) and other Lines of Business (LOBs) to maximize the return from the assigned set of accounts,
- Works in a designated industry on a defined customer list and cooperates within the Oracle Account team,
- Creation, attendance and participation in Oracle funded customer facing functions for business generation focused activities,
- Active new business selling and ‘cold calling’ initiatives to potential new ACS customers,
- Active up-selling of ACS Services in existing accounts including ‘cold calls’ to untouched areas of the respective organizations,
- Being the point person for all ACS activities within the assigned accounts working closely with the assigned ACS Delivery employees
- A high visibility presence within the respective assigned organizations creating relationships with all aspects of the customer and business management,
- Creation of a trusted advisor status within the assigned accounts and business management,
- Management of all internal commercial activities for all business / Renewal and up-sell engagements,
- Relationship generation and associated collaborative working with the other aligned Oracle sales and delivery teams.
- 8-12 years of services sales experience.
- Able to work under tight deadlines.
- Self-starter able to prioritize given responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BS/BA preferred. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- At least 10 years of direct sales experience, ideally in selling services to large customers – public and private sectors, across Africa
- Has developed a solid network of customer senior contacts at C level as well as the partner eco systems
- Knowledge of Oracle product sets and services will be a big plus
- Experience of working directly with customers as opposed to through channels will be preferred
- Should have a solid track record of independently handling the entire sales cycle, managing multiple stakeholders right from positioning to closing
- Experience in managing multimillion dollar deals and consistent quota achievement
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and carry out a complex sales cycle involving multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Candidate with a technical background (educational and/or experience) will be preferred
How To Apply