Full-time Sigma Consult: Midwife Recruitment
Sigma Consult is a key player in business consulting and advisory services within Nigeria with focus on the healthcare industry. We bridge gaps between inputs and outputs thereby increasing the productivity of its clients.
The Job : Midwife
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking for an experienced and caring midwife to join our team.
- The midwife will be responsible for the physical, mental, and emotional care of their patients during delivery.
- You will provide prenatal and postnatal education, examine patient during the course of the pregnancy, and assist patients in creating birth plans. You will also ensure the health and well-being of the newborn and mother during delivery. Must be licensed to practice.
Midwife Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform gynecological exams
- Educate patients on health, nutrition, and family planning
- Take patient vital signs
- Counsel expectant mothers on birthing plans, including hospital care, birthing centers, and other options
- Provide emotional care for mothers during birth
- Arrange prenatal planning and care for mothers
- Prepare for birthing by following all health and safety standards
- Coach mother through birthing process
- Perform deliveries and assist caesareans
- Tend to the health and well-being of both the baby and mother during the process
- Assist surgeons and physicians in caring for the mother during complicated births
- Provide care for mothers and newborns after birth
- Weigh and measure newborns
- Monitor patient’s vital signs and heart rate during birth
- Study patient history and health assessments
- Communicate stages of birth to family members
- Explain and demonstrate breastfeeding techniques
- Monitor patient postpartum and be available for questions or concerns
- Perform CPR or other emergency measures if needed.
Midwife Requirements and Qualifications
- Midwifery degree from an accredited School of Nursing and Midwifery ; additional education and certification a plus
- Years of experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in the private practice.
- Age Requirement: Applicants should be between the age bracket of 25-38 years
- Must be registered as a nurse.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate and caring of patients
- Able to work in an intense, concentrated environment
- Calm and cool-headed with a positive attitude
- Able to work nights, weekends, extended hours, and holidays
- Good leadership skills; able to mentor and educate.
N50,000 – N100,000/month.
How To Apply