Full-time Society for Family Health (SFH): Project Team Lead – AIDSFOND Project Recruitment
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
The Job : Project Team Lead – AIDSFOND Project
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Taraba, Nigeria
Ref Id: sfh-33825
- This position will provide leadership and managerial oversight for the administrative, programmatic, technical, research and operational aspects of the grant in Taraba state.
- S/he will oversee the day-to-day implementation of the grant and will be accountable for the effective financial and operational management including planning project activities, estimate time and financial commitments.
- The Project Team Lead is accountable for delivering State-level activities in Taraba to the agreed project implementation plan.
- S/he will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the project’s progress with timely delivery, outputs actual spend, quality, and results as compared to the original plans and the project proposal.
- S/he will manage issues and make recommendations on how to adjust or reallocate resources to accommodate changes and respond to challenges.
- S/he will also be responsible for effective stakeholder relationship management, including developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the donor, government and partner agencies, operating in the State and federal level.
- Minimum of first degree in public health, sociology or any related course with 5 years of experience (Master degree will be an added advantage);
- At least 5 years of experience in programme management and administration, financial management, and tracking project performance.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a programme that focuses on the following areas: HIV prevention, care and treatment; social and behavioural change; and quality improvement/quality assurance
- Proven experience of managing projects.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully fulfilling performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
- Strong understanding of fundamental principles of advocacy, monitoring and evaluation, and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, mentor and direct staff while creating a positive team environment.
- Ability to present reports and results to the donor and other key stakeholders.
- Commitment to the values, missions, aim, and policies of Society for Family Health
- Excellent Reporting and analytical Skills
Skills and Competencies:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, organizational, and cross-cultural skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage consortium team performance, a high level of creativity and innovation, ability to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks on short notice within designated deadlines and able to maintain efficiency in a fast-paced work environment.
How To Apply