Full-time Solar PV Engineer at Vesselnet Integrated Services Limited
Vesselnet Integrated Services Limited is a leading player in the off-grid solar market, independent telecommunication and information service provision in Nigeria and across Africa. Established in 2007, we are at the forefront of the provision of services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), vendors and operators. Aside the top-notch quality of our services, we pride ourselves in the collaborative effort of our team of value-driven, experienced, young professionals carefully selected through a rigorous selection process to ensure consistency in the quality of our services and corporate goals.
The Job : Solar PV Engineer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The Solar PV Engineer will work closely with the Business development team in all parts of the commercial PV system planning and management cycle. Tasks will include site surveys, system design, specification, bid document preparation, procurement, and sourcing, as well as after service provision.
- The engineer will contribute to planning and management of on and off-grid PV systems and multi- technology hybrid systems. The engineer is expected to be familiar with systems that include storage and/or complex load management systems.
- The engineer will deliver appropriate design solutions based on specific site resources, customer desires and budgets, and assessed load requirements.
- S/he will help to identify strategic equipment suppliers. S/he will support the operations and maintenance (O&M) of our installed systems, including the development of maintenance contracts and operations manuals.
- Supervise the teams to conduct detailed site surveys for PV and hybrid solutions
- Carry out customer meetings as the company’s technical representative
- Design a wide range of on and off-grid solar PV configurations including:
- Embedded systems
- Off-grid stand alone systems
- Mini-grids for off-grid clients and communities
- Micro-grids for commercial and industrial clients
- Large mega-watt scale solar farms (this will not be an initial focus)
- Systems that integrate with existing energy equipment
- Performance modeling, monitoring, and reporting of PV system outputs
- Develop cost estimates of PV plants that include all aspects of the project cycle
- Understand Nigerian regional regulatory requirements, installation standards, and implementation costs
- Build relationships with strategic equipment suppliers
- Support business development teams by providing technical support to project proposals, reports, and technical documents
- Keep abreast of technology developments and identify new products that meet client/customer needs
- Specify and advice on monitoring and display solutions, appropriate circuit and surge protection devices
- Participate in project deployments, monitoring, inspection and debugging activities of key test sites
- Plan and develop an Operation and Maintenance (O&M) program which includes coordinated oversight of O&M activities, quarterly performance reports and site- documentation for clients and internal use, remote monitoring of the plants and conferring with customer and service partners to resolve complaints and to resolve arising challenges
- Report to the CEO for supervision and validation of reports and designs
- Work with the team to build capacity and to learn about the changing solar markets
- Perform other duties as required.
- Consideration will be given to candidates that demonstrate strong experience in PV system implementation.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Energy Technologies
- Master’s Degree in Renewable Energy or equivalent field experience an added advantage
- Internationally recognized solar engineering qualifications or license. Please state these qualifications in your application.
- Energy audit knowledge and or qualifications.
- Registration and/or membership of recognized international engineering body is desirable.
How To Apply
Applicants should send their CV’s, Cover Letters and Documents in one document to: [email protected]