Full-time Solidarites International: Country Director Recruitment
Solidarites International For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization Solidarités International has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
The Job : Country Director
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job number: SRH03312
Location:Maiduguri (80%) with frequent travels to Abuja (20%)
Contract Type: Short term contract
Duration of the mission: 1 Year
Desired start date: February 2019
- The Country Director is the official representative of SI in Nigeria. S/He is in charge of the smooth running of the mission. S/He proposes mission strategy, according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation once it has been validated.
- S/He monitors projects, ensuring that they are progressing in accordance with the Solidarités International charter and complying with internal and contractual procedures.
- S/He mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for the programs to run effectively and supervises the administration of these resources.
- S/He coordinates the teams in place and ensures their security on the mission.
- S/He is the direct liaison for Solidarités International HQ.
Coordination and strategic orientation:
- Monitor and analyze the humanitarian, political, cultural, social and economic context
- Propose and develop an operational strategy consistent with the association’s policies and population’s needs
- Define a plan of action for putting this strategy in place
- Propose new operational directions as contexts change
Relevance and operational quality / operations monitoring:
- Guarantee the coordination, development, monitoring and evaluation of programs implemented on the mission
- Ensure the relevance, quality and consistency of programs
- Ensure that programs are implemented in accordance with annual operational strategy, Solidarités International technical requirements and financial donor criteria
- Propose and organize the Human, financial and logistic layout of the mission
- Ensure the financial resources and means necessary for the completion of projects are mobilized
- Guarantee that resources are used effectively
Human Resource Management:
- Build and maintain team dynamics that enable Solidarités International objectives to be carried out effectively in the country
- Promote Solidarités International ethics and values
- Ensure that Solidarités International Human Resource policies and procedures are applied (recruitment, performance reviews, etc.)
- Ensure work-life balance for Solidarités International staff and maintain suitable working and living environments
- Manage the coordination team as well as staff s/he supervises directly
- Be responsible for the security of all teams and property on the mission, under the supervision of the HQ Desk Officer
- Monitor and analyze the security situation and ensure that teams clearly understand it
- Ensure every new arrival on the mission receives a geopolitical and security briefing
- Ensure that documents and procedures relating to security are regularly updated
- Ensure that everyone complies with security rules and procedures on the mission
- Ensure that a permanent security watch is put in place
- Deal immediately with any security incidents that may occur on the mission and alert HQ without delay
Relationships with financial donors / fund-raising:
- Monitor and analyze financial donor strategies
- Actively assist in fund-raising and ensure the mission’s financial stability
- Strengthen relationships between Solidarités International and financial donor representatives
Internal and External Communication:
- Ensure that deadlines are adhered to and that documents produced by the mission are of good quality
- Ensure compliance with formats and procedures in internal reporting
- Organize coordination meetings on a regular basis
- Ensure that key operational information is circulated correctly, on the mission and between the mission and HQ
- Act as the Solidarités International official representative in the country for aid workers, local political and administrative authorities, the civil society and the media
- Attend humanitarian forums and relevant coordination meetings
- At least 3 years of experiences as Country Coordinator in volatile contexts
- Demonstrated experiences in conflict contexts and insecure environments, with consequent experiences in supporting emergency response programming, access negotiation and security analysis and management
- Previous experience in the region would be a strong asset
- Extensive program development and fund raising experience, including working with major institutional donors
- Problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions
- Outstanding communication skills, including excellent diplomacy skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Strong management skills
- Strong interest in the context and strong commitment to humanitarian work and principles.
- Good and proven writing and spoken English are required
- Organizational and analytical skills;
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities;
- Great work and stress management capacities;
- Ability to set up and orientate coordination mechanism in an operational way
- Ability to prior tasks and manage a large scope of work
SI will offer you
- According to experience, starting from 3300 euros gross per month (3000 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) + valorization of your experiences
- A monthly Per Diem of 600 USD
- SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
- During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time-off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 750 USD allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
Social and Medical Cover:
- Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
How To Apply