Contract Solidarites International (SI): Deputy Log Coordinator Recruitment
Solidarites International (SI) is a humanitarian aid organization committed to provide aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs through safe drinking water, food and shelter provision.
In 2015, SI restated its willingness to engage the humanitarian issues faced by the populations in the Chad Lake basin and Sahel area, through 2 main regional response pillars: (i) Addressing the emergency and early recovery needs induced by the conflict and populations dynamics of the region, (ii) Contributing to the mitigation of vulnerabilities related to on-going environmental changes. These strategic orientations integrate SI 2020 global strategic priorities, by trying “to ensure emergency interventions support population in conflict zones, [including towards] water-borne diseases and livelihood-related shocks aftermath” and by “responding to emergency needs resulting from displacement and population movements”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Deputy Log Coordinator
Job Status: 3 months (with possibility of extension) Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the Deputy Logistics Coordinator will:
- Guarantee the implementation of all logistics related procedures, rules according to Solidarités International and or donors’ guidelines
- Build the capacity of the logistics teams (at base and coordination level) through coaching, training and providing on-going and ad hoc technical assistance
- Back up the Logistics Coordinator in guiding the mission logistics activities.
- Carry out and supervise a purchasing environment analysis at Maiduguri in close collaboration with Logistics coordinator. Review supplier files and price lists’ update.
- Guarantee compliance with Solidarités International/donors’ purchasing procedures and ensure that approval rules and procedures are observed.
- Establish and update purchasing timelines, taking into consideration procurement tables, operation timelines, contextual and procedural logistical constraints.
- Participate in the drafting of the procurement tables during the proposal editing process under Logistics coordinator supervision.
- Supervise the preparation of purchasing documents.
- Participate in the drafting of call for tenders documents as well as framework agreements or contracts necessitating a coordination validation.
- Take part in suppliers’ selection, prices’ negotiation, deadlines and delivery modes definition.
- Ensure the suppliers’ relationships monitoring.
- Ensure a regulatory monitoring about customs procedures and legal documentation enforced in Myanmar.
- Participate of logistics team members’ training and capacity building.
- Participate, in close collaboration with logistics coordinator on durable equipment purchasing according to Solidarités International standards, and have them validated by the headquarters Desk logistician.
- Ensure that purchasing documents are complete, archived and compliant with Solidarités International procedures/guidelines for audit purposes. Ensure their regular sending to coordination or upon request in case of audit.
- Organize and monitor with the requesting base, the deliveries to ensure a smooth and timely process.
Vehicle Fleet Management:
- Participate to scaling up the vehicle fleet according to activities, ensuring homogeneity within the fleet.
- Ensure the sharing of the vehicle resources at base level under logistics coordinator supervision.
- Participate to the planning and execution of maintenance and repair tasks on mission vehicles.
- Participate to the definition of a vehicle’s tool kit content and ensure compliance by all bases.
- Participate to the compilation and analysis of the monthly fuel consumption on the base.
- Participate in the implementation of a supply strategy for fuel, spare parts and consumables.
- Supervise that the administrative management of vehicles (log books, contracts, insurance, etc.) is correctly done and follows Solidarités International rules and guidelines.
- Participate to the equipment strategy definition (purchase, renewal) in close collaboration with logistics coordinator.
- Assign a logistics code to all equipment entering the park in accordance with SI procedures.
- Monitor equipment (condition, localization, person in charge of…) through, proper documentation of each asset (accordingly to Solidarités International’s procedures) whenever equipment is bought and/or transferred to the base. Keep hard copy records of inventories and complete identification files for each equipment (asset ID, procurement file, maintenance and repairs follow up, invoices, loss/theft reports, donation forms…).
- Help to optimize the equipment allocation, according to requesters’ needs.
- Ensure proper installation and setting of equipment and manages their good operation, maintenance, repairs.
- Participate to the monthly update of the mission park statement.
- Participate to scaling up the mission’s communication resources according to the field capacities and constraints
- Ensures that all users are correctly following Solidarités International guidelines regarding backup and data-protection procedures.
- Ensure that the computer park, at base level, is well maintained and used correctly.
- Offer technical assistance to the teams and organize training sessions if needed or required by logistics coordinator.
Human Resource Management:
- Participate to the logistics personnel needs’ analyse and ensure that the team under his/her supervision matches with the operational needs and with the budgetary constraints of the base (recruitments, reorganization, promotion…).
- Participate in the drafting or updating of job descriptions for the log team members.
- Brief when necessary the logistics team members on arrival and support them in accomplishing their objectives throughout their mission.
- Provide support and training materials to logistics team members.
- Conduct performance reviews for members of the logistics team under his/her direct supervision and ensure the follow up of his/her team in terms of holidays.
- Ensure that the staff under his/her supervision is following their respective team in terms of evaluation and holidays follow up.
- Organize regular formal meetings with team members.
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator in implementing security rules as determined by Solidarités International guidelines.
- Train teams in safety rules and procedures.
- Pass on any security-related information to his/her line manager.
Reporting / Capitalization:
- Under the supervision and in close collaboration with logistics coordinator:
- Compile and analyze bases’ monthly logistics packs and carry out logistics reporting to logistics coordinator on a predefined schedule.
- Participate in drafting proposals and donor reports for logistics related sections/annexes.
- Centralize information on transport companies, distances, prices and methods.
- Ensure that price and supplier lists are compiled, along with documentation requirements in effect (import – export, exemptions, taxes)
- Transmit procurement files for completed programs to headquarters according to established schedules.
- Participate in coordination meetings related to logistics when asked and/or delegated to do so.
- Participate to the archiving of logistics documents.
- Dynamic, organized, methodical, team player, with sound communication skills
- Languages: fluent in English (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritisation of tasks, work under tight deadlines
- Professional experience: at least 3 year of experience in similar position in Logistics especially with INGOs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and Supplies or any related fields
- IT skills: Microsoft software practice, sound Excel skills
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
- Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable
Application Closing Date
19th July, 2019.
How To Apply
- When the above link opens, select “Deputy Log Coordinator”, fill the form and attach your CV.
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.