Full-time SPIE Oil & Gas Cv Submission
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
The Job : Senior Crane and Marine Equipment Engineer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- To ensure cranes and marine equipment reliability and availability according to safety standards.
- To ensure operational engineering processes, inspection and maintenance are efficiently carried out in strict compliance with safety policies and procedures on all lifting and marine equipment.
- To ensure lifting and marine equipment support, as technical authority to the JV field operations, is in accordance to Company rules and statutory regulation.
- To analyse mechanical maintenance activities and lifting/marine equipment performance from the technical and economic perspective and take action necessary to achieve company set objectives regarding efficiency, cost optimization and savings.
- To prepare all methods support and implementation of practice documents regarding preventive maintenance, inspections and testing to be performed on fleet cranes based on recognized best practice and applicable regulations.
- To prepare and develop specifications for new cranes and lifting equipment based on recognized international standards.
- Co-ordinate planned crane maintenance activities fleet-wide.
- Manage specialized crane maintenance vendors interventions and contracts (BLM, Hydralift, Aero, Sparrow, Mape) within SMC frame agreements (including technical scope of work) where applicable.
- Ensure the implementation and assurance of Company integrity management system compliance.
- Liaise with classification societies/third party design offices where applicable.
- Support JV asset installations for all related crane issues (specifically for new cranes, specification for upgrades and heavy lift works on cranes).
- Liaise with crane manufacturers when required.
- Participate in and/or lead investigations for all crane related incidents across the fleet.
- Interface with JV asset HSEQ Department for all crane related issues.
- Liaise with JV asset staffing regarding all related training issues and certification for crane operators.
- Supervision, until completion, of 5-years major overhauls in all JV asset installations cranes.
- Follow spare parts stocks with Warehouse and Procurement.
- For all cranes, Winches (Food, Turbines, boat, etc.) & Work boat, Survival Craft, Lifeboat, life rafts, davits:
- Review/Produce Maintenance Plan as per Vendor recommendations.
- Review/Correct/Create corrected BOMs in SAP, establish MRP parameters.
- Ensure equipment are certified by third parties.
- To assist sites with routine troubleshooting, local emergency procurements.
- To assist Procurement Department with clarifications.
- To coach and train junior engineers in all aspect related to the maintenance of lifting and marine equipment.
- Formal education: B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (2.1).
- Professional experience (number of years): 15 years experience with:
- Technical knowledge and experience in hydraulic power transmission and control systems.
- Proven experience working with heavy machinery/equipment.
- Extensive experience within maintenance, fault finding, build and procurement of equipment projects
How To Apply