Full-time Structured Finance Analyst / Finance Manager at BP Nigeria
BP – We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Job : Structured Finance Analyst / Finance Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Req ID: 97834BR
Segment: Integrated Supply & Trading
Job Category: Finance
Sub-category: Strategy & Performance Planning
Travel required: Negligible travel
- The Structured Finance Analyst / Finance Manager is as a key member of Finance team
- This position reports to the CFO with prime responsibility for; the development and continual refinement of robust financial control, supporting operational excellence and implementation of risk framework to drive growth in the region in a controlled and compliant manner
- The role will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Monitoring of Naira FX and multiple liquidity windows and tracking “time to exit naira” position for BPOI related open positions.
- Co-manager of banking relationship with CFO
- Manage Nigeria daily credit interface with counterparty for Global Oil
- Deliver key financial metrics for region and MI to drive decision making
- Deliver and maintain of robust credit reports and credit exposure reporting
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Support CFO with group audit, external audit and tax regulatory compliance
- Support CFO in delivery of controlled and compliant financial and operating Managing the company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
- Work with various Control teams to maintain Control Evaluation Templates owned within the team current, perform periodic self-assessment activities and facilitate internal and external audit review
- Review and ensure Value Added Tax (VAT) and Withholding Tax (WHT) are deducted correctly from Vendor Invoices and subsequently remitted promptly to the respective tax authority (FIRS and LIRS) accordingly.
- Strong working knowledge of local banking structures
- Degree in Finance/Economics/Accounting or equivalent.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Solid knowledge of credit and finance structures
- Understanding of oil and gas trading (Supply logistics of crude and refined products)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Financial planning, budgeting, and reporting
- Financial analysis and interpretation skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Preparation of timely financial statements
- Filing of reports to statutory bodies
- Knowledge of Statutory returns and reporting Internal Liaison All units and departments that have dealings with The Finance Department. External Liaison Partners both local, International, Government agencies and various vendors
Desirable Criteria and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will be a Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA, or equivalent), with minimum qualification of a B.Sc. in Accounting or Finance
How To Apply