Full-time Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Operations Officer at Adam Smith International
Adam Smith International is an award-winning global company that delivers impact, value and lasting change through economic growth and government reform. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
The Job : Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Operations Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Tracking Code: 1180-112
Job Type: Short Term
Department: Private Sector Development
- Mafita is a large-scale, six-year youth employment programme operating in Nigeria’s northern states, funded by DFID and implemented by Adam Smith International. Through a combination of innovative skills development and job creation interventions, Mafita will support over 60,000 marginalised young people to find employment or become entrepreneurs by 2021.
- Within the above scope, Mafita is mandated to support the economic empowerment of Northern Nigerian women, whose economic disenfranchisement has direct and adverse impacts on the country’s economic prosperity and development at the national, regional and community levels. Through its work, Mafita seeks to support women to access economic resources both directly by supporting women’s entrepreneurship, employment and access to finance, and indirectly by creating a more enabling environment for women.
- Safeguarding: Mafita is committed to meet its legal and moral responsibility to ensuring the safety and welfare of its staff and beneficiaries. This includes protecting them from any form of exploitation, abuse, harassment or violence (which includes that of a sexual nature).
Areas of Responsibility
- The Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Operations Officer is expected to facilitate provision of all logistic support for TVET and Community Skills Development Centers (COSDEC) to deliver on activities preceding the training of Mafita beneficiaries in a timely manner.
- The preferred candidate will be expected to make available induction and assessment instruments for assessors to access apprentices; complete storage and retrieval system for organization of Learner Evidence Portfolios in trade associations’ offices; provide a functional system for apprenticeship cluster inspection and monitoring for compliance with minimum standard and quality delivery complete with feedback system.
- Support complete induction documentation for learners in COSDEC system.
- Provision and reproduction of all the necessary forms for documentation of evidence for formative assessment and internal and external verification of learners in COSDEC system.
- Develop and organize the storage and retrieval of learner portfolios of evidence in the trade association’s locations.
- Support the monitoring of periodic training quality with the COSDEC unit in collaboration with the relevant government inspectorate department for foundational skills and trade specific training.
- Provide logistics support for all the processes for training delivery and liaise with the Operations team to ensure timely delivery of required logistics for various activities related to training delivery.
- Support Master Crafts Person (MCP) clusters to comply and maintain requirements for quality assurance of centers and training.
- Any other tasks as assigned to the intervention manager.
- Ensure full compliance of SharePoint usage guidelines.
- Support your unit in ensuring information / data generated is compiled accurately and uploaded to appropriate folder in SharePoint.
- Contribute to forecasting, quarterly reports and milestones as required by the Intervention Manager.
- Contribute to MRM data collection and analysis as required by MRM.
- Contributions to communications team on the lessons learned and success stories of the unit on a regular basis.
- Contribute to job creation for beneficiaries.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal/written communication skills.
- Reporting – You will also be required to adhere to all reporting requirements (both scheduled and ad hoc) regarding your team as communicated to you by the Project Management Unit (PMU)
- Meeting deadlines on all assigned tasks
- A university degree, HND or any other equivalent technical or vocational qualification
- Ability to coordinate and manage complex education and training activities
- Ability to work in teams and establish excellent communication with different network and programme focal points
- Strong sensitivity and adaptability (cultural, gender, religion)
- Good communication skills, including writing and oral expression
- Minimum of two – three years of relevant work experience in the field of education or vocational training
- Experience in the fields of entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainability as applied in TVET is preferred
- Understanding of TVET contexts in Nigeria.
How To Apply