Full-time Technical Consultant – Documents Review Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Technical Consultant – Documents Review
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job ID: 13-10821
A Baseline Analysis (BA) was conducted by PMI-S to assess the current status of national policies, strategic documents, guidelines, training materials, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and job aids as they pertain to NMEP readiness to support state implementation of national guidelines for malaria case management and, surveillance, monitoring and evaluation (SME). As a result, the BA finds that most documents align with WHO guidelines. However, some of these strategic documents are either outdated, or incomplete. In addition, the availability of SOP and job aids as stand-alone documents for use at service points is not proven. As part of the BA desk review, about 26 documents related to case management were reviewed and required different specific actions.
In view of the above, PMI-S has committed to collaborate with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) to revise seven documents including the following:
- National Guidelines for Diagnosis and Treatment of Malaria, 2015;
- Training Manual for the Management of Malaria at Health Facilities in Nigeria, Trainer Guide.
- Training Manual for the Management of Malaria at Health Facilities in Nigeria, Participant Guide.
- Module 2, Case Management at the PHC, Trainee Content.
- Module 2, Case Management at the PHC, Trainer Content. In addition, PMI-S will extract SOPs, and Job aids from these national documents as stand-alone tools.
This will be done by convening two separate review workshops for stakeholders (donors, partners, regulatory agencies, providers) to revise, update and unbundle the above listed; harmonize inputs from the workshops and produce drafts of revised documents.
The consultant will report directly to PMI-S Senior Malaria Technical Advisor while working closely with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP).
First, facilitate a four-day workshop, focusing on the following tasks:
- Finalize the proposed agenda and list of participants
- Propose an addendum to be included in the current national diagnostic and treatment guideline, based on BA findings;
- Facilitate the four-day workshop to address the BA findings and recommendations regarding the national diagnostic and treatment guidelines, the two sets of training modules, identify which SOP, and job aids need to be extracted from the main documents, and define if additional SOP, and job aids need to be developed
- If additional SOP and job aids are necessary, establish a list of agreed additional SOP and Job aids to be developed.
- Compile feedback/inputs, incorporate them into drafts documents, and circulate revised draft documents to participants for review, and feedback by an agreed time
- Write and submit workshop report.
Second, facilitate a two-day workshop with the following tasks:
- Finalize the proposed agenda and a list of participants
- Facilitate the workshop to finalize, and validate revised documents
- Establish a timeframe for way forward (signing, field testing, and dissemination)
- Write and submit workshop report.
Deliverables – Due Date:
- Finalized agenda, and proposed participant list, and draft addendum – Three days after signing contract
- Draft of the revised national diagnostic and treatment guidelines, two revised training modules sets, extracted SOP and Job aids, and list of additional SOP and Job aids to be developed – Ten days after completion of workshop
- List of additional SOP and Job aids to be developed and proposed way forward – Ten days after completion of workshop
- Report of review workshop facilitation and results. – Twelve days after completion of workshop
Workshop No 2
- Final proposed agenda, and proposed participant list. – Four days before the commencement of workshop 2
- Report of workshop 2 with Draft of semi- finalized documents – Ten days after completion of workshop 2
- Final, and validated copies of revised national diagnostic and treatment guidelines, training modules sets, extracted SOP and Job aids – Ten days after last touch base with PMI-S and NMEP
Qualifications and Experience
- A Medical degree or MPH in related field
- Good knowledge of malaria case management SOP and job aids.
- Familiarity with national malaria diagnostic and treatment guidelines, as well as malaria case management training material will be a plus.
- Experience in providing in-service trainings on malaria case management at state level.
- Experience in developing training materials on health topics, and on malaria preferably.
- Experience and expertise in facilitating policy document development and review
- Previously engaged or experience working with the NMEP on related assignments
- High level communication and facilitation skills to facilitate workshops of this nature
- Ability to synthetize information, and write reports
- Demonstrated ability to manage team, foster collaboration and facilitate coordination
- Fluency in English language (both writing and oral)
- Computer literacy
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2019
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit the followings in a Single Word Document:
- A concept paper describing how you will accomplish the above-listed tasks including producing the deliverables
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Three professional referees.
Note: Kindly note that recruiting for this job position is contingent upon receiving funding and donor approval.