Contract The Center for Community and Health Development International: Community Engagement Officer Recruiment
The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
The Job : Community Engagement Officer
Job Status: 9 months Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Borno, Nigeria
- The purpose of this role is to coordinate and lead community engagement and mobilization activities for the response programmes in line with International minimum standards in locations within Borno states.
- The post holder will be supervised directly by the Case management officer and technically by the Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist and expected to work very closely with other members of the programme team.
Dimensions of Role
- Communicates within CHAD and with partners and related government institutions.
- The post holder will coordinate the community based protection programming interfacing with other programme team members.
- The post holder will also contribute towards the capacity building of CHAD Internationals implementing partners.
Key End Results and Typical Responsibilities
Programme development & Quality Management:
In collaboration with the Field Team, Project Manager and CPiE Specialist, the Community Engagement Officer will be:
- Support the strengthening of child protection community-based systems inclusive of developing trainings, supervision/coaching tools, monitoring and tracking tools and improve referral systems;
- Provide support in the development of alternative care systems in accordance with international policies and national procedures/norms;
- Conduct and supervise training with men and boys, women and girls on social norms change and CP prevention and response using agreed methodology;
- Support the establishment and strengthening of community based mechanisms and groups including adolescent peer groups, child protection committees, children’s clubs, parent grouos and informal foster caregivers,
- Support community advocates and children to develop participatory media and other IEC materials to use in the community to raise awareness;
- Conduct training and follow-up with teachers, government and partner staff and other stakeholders in community based protection
- Design and facilitate community mobilization/sensitization campaigns in collaboration with Community Engagement Workers, Community Based Protection Mechanisms, and children/adolescents
- Supervise the CFS staff members/volunteers on location to ensure quality implementation of activities;
- Provide ongoing support and ensure child participation and safeguarding practices are strictly adhered to;
- Provide support to parent groups and caregivers by organizing and leading sessions with parents on positive parenting practices.
- Produce weekly and monthly data and regular narrative reports for Child protection Specialist to feed into overall program and donor report
Human Resource Development:
- Supports the orientation, on-going development/training and builds capacity of local partner staff when required.
- Learning and knowledge management:
- Shares relevant information within the team establishing and supporting the proper documentation of activities
- Participates in national/regional projects/networks as requested.
- Support resource mobilization efforts by participating in rapid assessments, project reviews and related tasks that will ensure adequate information for proposal development
Dealing with Problems:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Manage multiple and work with distant colleagues to form a virtual efficient administration team;
- Resolve problems that are not covered by established process.
- Analyse possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Refer, whenever necessary, the case to the Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist for consideration.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Report to the Child Protection in Emergencies specialist;
- Provide support to CHAD’s programme delivery and resource mobilization.
- Work with other members of the programme units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
- Minimum Required Experience: 2 year(s)
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree/HND
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (not longer than three pages) to:
CHAD Office, Bulumkutu Abuja,
Behind Bulumkutu Primary School,
Maiduguri, Borno State.