Full-time The Eye foundation Hospital: Driver/Facility Technician Recruitment
The Eye foundation hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist Eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists.
The Job : Driver/Facility Technician
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Locations: Abeokuta – Ogun, Lekki /Victoria Island – Lagos
Reporting to: Hospital Service Manager
Probationary period: 6 months
- You will provide secure and timely driving services to transport passengers and/or goods.
- You should possess a strong auto mechanical and ability to identify potential vehicle operation problems and mindful of all current safety rules governing vehicle operations.
- You are also responsible to perform a variety of facility management functions in support of the hospital branch, services and department.
- Passengers & Coworkers
- Drive light and heavy vehicles.
- Transport passengers in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain a high level of courtesy and professionalism to all assigned passengers and coworkers.
- Professionally and accurately give detailed information about routes and journey to passengers.
- Effectively load and unload passenger luggage.
- Ensure all keys are safely kept in the appropriated place.
- Consumables, hospital equipment and Outreach Visits
- Distribute mail as needed, both incoming and outgoing.
- Pick up flight tickets.
- Deliver correspondence and consumables to other branches.
- Facilitate airport pick-ups for VIP visitors and transportation during official visits.
- Assist with postage and with pick up of office purchases.
- Collect and record service delivery data on outreach visits.
- Service vehicle maintenance management
- Maintain daily cleanliness and tidiness of all parts of assigned vehicle.
- Schedule annual vehicle examination for service vehicles through the Facility Manager.
- Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tyre condition.
- Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and arrange minor repairs where necessary.
- Check oil and tyres properly and keep the service vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside.
- Keep track of timely car insurance renewals.
- Update monthly mileage records.
- Maintain log book of each service vehicle on daily basis.
- Apply for request for repairs and fuel, renewal of the vehicle license and car insurance through Facility Manager.
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
- Assist in the setup of hospital equipment, dispensers and other systems and conduct minor repairs when necessary.
- Maintain plumbing systems to ensure functionality.
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed through the Facility Manager.
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- Perform generator operations such as switching it on and off when necessary.
- Apply for request for large repairs and services such as AC servicing, fumigation etc. through the Facility Manager.
- Minimum of senior secondary school certificate is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a corporate driver.
- A sound technical knowledge is compulsory.
- A valid driver’s license is mandatory.
- Registration with LASDRI (Lagos State Drivers’ Institute) is mandatory.
- Must be computer literate.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent driving record.
- Knowledge of city streets and addresses – talented in preparing and making the route in an efficient way.
- Skilled in contacting passengers by phone and arrange the pick-up time.
- Competent at checking the vehicle for problems and performing pre/post trip maintenance tasks.
- Familiar with all traffic and road safety laws and regulations.
- Willing to work flexible schedule and locations.
How To Apply
Applicants should send their Applications to: [email protected] The subject of the email must be the position and location applied for. e.g Nurse – Ikorodu.