Full-time The West African Health Organisation (WAHO): REDISSE Project Officer Recruitment
Do you need help hiring the right candidate for your company? Contact us to help you recruit.
Job Opportunities at The West African Health Organisation (WAHO)
Posted on: 12 April, 2019 Deadline: 30 April, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations View All Jobs at West African Health Organization
Subscribe to free job alerts
Type Your Email…
The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), with mandate to ensure the attainment of the highest possible standard and protection of health for the people in the ECOWAS region.Communicable and non-communicable diseases are the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in the region. Disease control and the prevention of epidemics are, therefore, among the priorities of the 15 countries in the ECOWAS region and a central tenet of WAHO activities.
The World Bank has provided grants to ECOWAS for WAHO to implement various health projects including (REDISSE, SWEDD SM/NTD and WA-MRH).
The Job : REDISSE Project Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Bobo- Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
Reference No: FM/TEND/AMI/2019/07/bk
- The REDISSE Project Officer will support the REDISSE Project Coordinator in the implementation of the REDISSE Project. He/she shall report to the REDISSE Project Coordinator and the General Coordinator of the Project Management Unit (PMU).
- The incumbent will be involved in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the REDISSE project activities.
- More specifically, he/she will assist the REDISSE Project Coordinator to:
- Draw up the annual work plan and budget (AWPB) of the project;
- Develop terms of reference and memoranda for activities;
- Make arrangements for meetings and field missions;
- Prepare correspondence and letters of invitation to be sent to participants for the various activities and meetings;
- Prepare activity and progress reports;
- Prepare follow-up meetings on activities implementation with countries and partners and project implementation agencies;
- Collect information and data from the Project Coordination Units (PCUs) at country level, as well as project partners and implementing agencies;
- Support the Monitoring & Evaluation Unit to populate the project results framework;
- Organize field supervision and monitoring missions;
- Prepare the Technical Committees and Project Regional Steering Committee Meetings;
- Monitor implementation of the recommendations of all meetings ;
- Prepare the project’s account audit in collaboration with the Financial Management Specialist;
- He/ she may represent the REDISSE Project Coordinator at any meeting or task whenever required to do so, within the framework of the implementation of the project;
- He/she will carry out any other duties assigned by WAHO management;
- He/she will support other Project Coordinators as required in the execution of their activities.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
The REDISSE Project Officer must have the following:
- Have a Master’s degree in Epidemiology or Public Health or a related field;
- A certificate in Project management would be an advantage;
- Have at least 7 years of professional experience;
- Professional experience in World Bank-funded project management would be an asset;
- Excellent team building and leadership skills in a multicultural setting;
- Strong computer skills (key MS office application, including project management tools) and ability to use information technology as tool and resource;
- Highly organized and self-directed with a positive interpersonal attitude;
- Demonstrated experience working with a wide variety of partners and divers stakeholder groups;
- Proficiency in one of the three working/official languages of ECOWAS: English, French, Portuguese. A working knowledge of a second official language would be an advantage.
Duration, Duty Station and Nature of Appointment
- This is a World Bank- funded Consulting position under WAHO’s PMU.The REDISSE Project Officer will be appointed for a period of one (1) year subject to three (3) months’ probation. The contract may be renewed based on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.Attractive consolidated remuneration packages will be paid.The REDISSE Project Officer will be based at WAHO Headquarters in Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso. He or She will travel across the ECOWAS region as required.
- Consultants interested in this position are invited to express their interest.They should provide information that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services (Cover letter indicating the position applied for, detailed Curriculum Vitae – including description of past similar assignments, and experience – and copies of supporting documents).
- The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures for the selection of individual consultants as set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines:Selection and Employment of Consultants by the World Bank Borrowers (ed. January 2011, revised in July 2014) available on the World Bank web site http://www.worldbank.org
How To Apply
Interested and qualified individual Consultants should express their interest by submitting their Applications (in person, by post or email) to the address below:
Prof. Stanley Okolo,
West African Health Organisation,
01 BP 153 Bobo-Dioulasso 01 ,
Email: [email protected] cc [email protected]
The top right corner of the envelope or the subject of the email must indicate the position applied for.
WAHO or the World Bank will not be held responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the individual Consultant in connection with the preparation or submission of the EOI.
Interested individuals candidates may access the TORs on WAHO website at: w3.wahooas.org.