Full-time University of Jos: Bursar Recruitment
The University of Jos, a comprehensive public institution which started as the Jos Campus of the University of Ibadan in 1971 became a full-fledged University in 1975. The University which is situated in Jos, capital of Plateau State, a city of serene environment near temperate climate in Nigeria is very conducive for learning and research.
In line with the University of Jos Act, Cap U8, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria as amended by the University (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) ACT, 2012 and the conditions and scheme of Service for Senior Staff, Council hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below which will become vacant on 14th February, 20120:
The Job : Bursar
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Jos, Plateau, Nigeria
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Applicants must posses the following:
- A good first degree in either Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accounting.
- Membership of any of the following professional Accountancy bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- Candidates should have at least fifteen (15) years cognate post-qualification working experience in a University or similar Institution. The candidate also must be a serving officer not below the rank of Deputy Bursar.
- Applicants must not be above the age of Sixty (60) years at the time of appointment.
Condition of Service
- In addition to the general conditions of Service obtainable in the Nigerian University System, the Bursar shall be entitled to soft furnished accommodation, Chauffeur-driven car and 24 hour security services.
- The appointment is for a period of five (5) years and, on satisfactory performance, the person may have his/her tenure extended for a further period of one (I) year and no more.
How To Apply
Candidates should send 20 copies of typewritten Applications and Curriculum Vitae to:
University of Jos
P.M.B. 2084, Jos,
- Candidates should send names of three (3) referees at least two of whom should be competent enough to attest to the candidate’s professional/academic standing and character.
- Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential report direct to the address above.