Full-time US Pharmacopeia Recruitment – Deputy Chief of Party
At USP, everything we do is in service of our mission to help protect and improve the health of people around the world. From the standards we create to the partnerships we foster, we continually work to build and reinforce a foundation that draws us closer to a world where everyone can be confident of quality in health and healthcare.
The Job : Deputy Chief of Party
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) position for the USAID-funded Promoting the Quality of Medicines Plus (PQM+) program provides cross-cutting management and technical support for country implementation of the activities of the PQM+ Program. The DCOP supports the Chief of Party in the development of work plans, implementation of activities, timely reporting on program progress, and overall management of the country office. In the absence of the COP, s/he shall act as the point of contact to the government agencies, USAID, implementing partners, and stakeholders regarding the day-to-day implementation and management of PQM+ activities in the country.
The Deputy Chief of Party supervises assigned technical staff, subject matter experts, and consultants to achieve program results and operational excellence. S/he will be responsible for assisting the COP in evaluating and documenting program progress, proposing solutions to ensure effective program implementation, providing technical guidance and direction to the technical team on achieving agreed-upon targets and long-term strategic objectives. This position is contingent upon funding being awarded.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and direction of the Chief of Party –the DCOP:
- Supports the Chief of Party to provide leadership for the management of PQM+ Program portfolios funded by USAID Mission(s) field support.
- Leads the coordination for the country work plans development, collection of inputs from key stakeholders, and the alignment of proposed activities to PQM+ result areas and the health priorities of the country.
- Oversees the accuracy, clarity, and quality of progress reports and other project documentation necessary for USAID reporting, ensuring they are completed in accordance with USAID and USP policies and procedures and submitted in a timely manner.
- Leads the implementation of program activities and manages and coordinate the delivery of the PQM+ technical activities to achieve agreed-upon deliverables and targets according to approved work plans and in support of national strategic objectives in health.
- Assists the COP in promoting strong relationships with the USAID Mission, health ministry officials and government agencies, partners and stakeholders.
- Provides high level inputs and advising through participation in national committees in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Provides oversight for the documentation of program deliverables, ensurinf quarterly and annual progress reports are submitted timely and are of good quality.
- Evaluates the implementation of program activities and recommends appropriate actions and/or course correction.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates PQM+ technical and/or operations staff assigned for supervision.
- Ensures program operational excellence; provides basic operations guidance to staff as needed
- Performs other activities for the successful program implementation of PQM+ in the country.
- Helps facilitate collaboration and coordination between government agencies active in pharmaceuticals and the PQM+ office.
- Master’s degree in a health-related field including pharmaceutical Sciences, Public Health
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience at a senior level in medicine regulations, government health program management, or non-government health-related technical program management on USAID- funded global health program implementation and project management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and reporting requirements
- PhD in health-related field
- Expertise in health systems strengthening preferred.
Physician, pharmacist, or other health profession qualification highly desirable
- Extensive experience leading effective, timely, and quality implementation of donor-funded (particularly USAID-funded) global health or international development projects
- Significant experience working with high level officials in USAID and country governments
- Existing relationships with key donors and implementing partners working on health and pharmaceutical systems strengthening preferred
- Strong people management skills, including of virtual, matrixed teams
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in cross-cultural settings.
- Ability to demonstrate highest degree of ethics and integrity.
- Ability to travel up to 40% time.
How To Apply